Mather Looks to the Future
- 'Baby Boomers Giving Back' Focus of Unity Dinner. PARAMESWARAN, SHYAMALA // India -- West;3/28/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 19, pB1
The article discusses the Indo-American Community Federation's 13th Annual Unity Dinner 2014 at the India Community Center on March 21, 2014 and states the theme of the conference was "The Power of the Baby Boomer Generation: How They Can Give Back".
- Baby Boomers spend 45% of dining set dollars. FRENCH, DANA // Furniture/Today;5/11/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p10
The article focuses on survey on consumer buying trends, which reveals baby boomers generation aged between 51 and 69 years spends 45 percent of dining set dollars.
- Smart chain chefs cater to baby boomers. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;9/5/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p50
Focuses on the demand of the author for some modifications of menu offerings by restaurants to cater the baby boomers. Need of flavor enhancements in the food; Advice for the creation of distinctive flavors that would appeal to consumers; Significance of improving the texture of the food;...
- Golden opportunity. THORN, BRET // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p50
The article reports on the opportunity presented by baby boomers' spending power on foodservice operators evening meal offerings in the U.S. It notes that the research from The NPD Group has claimed that huge spending power of baby boomers provides a promising trend to operators to drive...
- Restaurants must address health and weight concerns. Frewin, Angela // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/1/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4427, p6
The article focuses on the report Eating Out--Ten Year Trends by market analyst Mintel, which revealed the demands of an increasing number of consumers who are concerned about their health or weight, but still want a treat when they eat out. To do this, restaurants will need to dispel negative...
- Eldest baby boomers turning 55, want challenges. // Journal of Business (10756124);01/25/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, pB7
Discusses the impact of the aging population of baby boomers on retirement communities in the United States. Estimated number of American baby boomers in the present; Disagreement of the oldest and youngest baby boomers in the topics of lifestyle and technology; Tendency of the youngest baby...
- Boomers refuse to fade into the sunset. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;5/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 120, p11
Reports on the development and construction of luxury retirement communities for the baby boomer generation, and how these communities differ from those of previous generations.
- Inventive menu, modern decor help define Cobalt's coolness. Fitzmorris, Tom // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/6/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p22
The article focuses on the decor of the restaurant Cobalt of New Orleans, Louisiana. The place is consciously forward looking, moving way beyond the tastes of the baby boomers that largely dictate restaurant styles and dropping all pretenses of traditionalism. The same is true of the music....
- Boomers set the pace as we race toward 2000. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p68
Focuses on the role of the baby boom generation in the United States in the success of the food service industry. Changes in the lifestyles of baby boomers; Comments from John J. Rohs, a restaurant analyst with Schroder Wertheim & Co.; Events to be expected by restaurateurs, suppliers, and...