Hospital Increases Services
- Cholesterol Levels and the Breast-feeding Mom. Kemsem, Robert G.; Ferris, Ann M.; Lammi-Leefe, Carol j. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/20/89, Vol. 262 Issue 15, p2092
Presents a letter to the editor focused on an article published in a 1989 issue of 'Journal of American Medical Association,' concerning the cholesterol levels of breast feeding mothers.
- Back to nurture. // Mother & Baby;Jan2016, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p19
The article discusses benefits associated with paying extra attention on mother's nutrition when breastfeeding, in which nutrients needed by the lactating mother and recommended calorie intake for those who have lost a significant part of their baby weight.
- California's Healthy Vending Campaign. // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the introduction of a new approach to healthy vending by the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) in California. Concept of the new approach; Intention of IHA to make half of the products on their onsite vending machines healthful snacks and beverages; Goal of the initiative.
- Breast proves best in dynamic support group. JILES, LAUREN // Eastern Door;9/19/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the progressive stance of the Baby Friendly Support Group in Kahnawake, Quebec that extends support to all mothers who breastfeed and bottle-feed their babies while encouraging them to make healthy choices.
- Breast is best. Burton, Alison // Nursery World (MA Education Limited);9/7/2015, Vol. 115 Issue 4377, p16
The article discusses the importance of breastfeeding, along with topics on the benefits of breastfeeding to both the infant and the mother, support needed by mothers who breastfeed, and the low breastfeeding rate at birth in Great Britain.
- ouch! // Baby Talk;Feb2005, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p91
Provides suggestions for mothers on breast feeding. Ways to relieve cracked or sore nipples; Symptoms of breast infection; Medicine prescribed by doctors for yeast infection.
- new-mom health. De Simone, Grace // Baby Talk;Apr2005, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p87
Focuses on mother's health. Actions taken by Grace De Simone of Rochelle Park, New Jersey to overcome baby blues; Explanation on breastfeeding.
- Significado que tiene la lactancia materna para las madres. Gutiérrez, O. Y.; Marín-Arias, L. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;dic2012 suplemento 3, Vol. 27, p11
No abstract available.
- Can Mothers Manage Exclusive Breastfeeding For Six Months? Nielsen, Susan Bjerregaard // Pediatrics for Parents;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9/10, p22
The article discusses management of exclusive breastfeeding of mothers up to first six months of their infant. It states that exclusive breasfeeding provides the infant optimal nutrition, however, only few mothers manage to maintain breastfeeding. It considers work commitments, medical...