School Adds Subway Concept
- Hip, Healthy Cafe Helps High School Up Sales. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p0
Focuses on the Health Nut Cafe at Hopkins High School in Hopkins, Minnesota. College-style deli station offering to-order sandwiches made with a choice of natural ingredient breads, premium meats and fresh toppings; Conceptualization of the cafe by Hopkins food service director Bertrand Weber;...
- MORE VEGGIES, JUICE AT GLENDALE. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
Looks at the trends in foodservice operations at California secondary schools as of February 15, 2003. Impact of the addition of a serve-yourself-condiment bar in the barbecue grills at some of the schools; Features and advantages of the vegetable bar; Introduction of juice options in school...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- TWO MORE THIS MONTH: Brevard County make-overs continue in two high-schools. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p18
Deals with the efforts of the Brevard County School Food Services to renovate high school cafeterias in Florida. Goal of the effort; Concepts used at Bayside High School and other renovated high schools; Overall reaction to the renovated facilities.
- AT HIGH SCHOOL JAVA CITY KIOSK: COFFEE GOES DOWN EASY. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the implementation of the Aramark's Java City coffee kiosk at Downington High School in Pennsylvania. Coffee sales; Beverages served; Information on dining procedures.
- At San Bernardino HS: '50s cafeteria redesign lifts lunch vol. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the increase in cafeteria business at San Bernardino High School, California following a renovation and implementation of a 1950s theme in the Getaway Cafe. Description of the cafeteria's design; Reactions of the students to the design; Cost of the renovation.
- Today's top five duos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p78
Deals with several popular soups and sandwiches in schools in the United States. Daily favorite sandwiches and soups in secondary schools in Chicopee, Massachusetts; Popular soups and sandwiches in elementary schools; Creation of sandwiches by schools in Anchorage, Arkansas.
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- MENU TRENDS: ON-SITE SALES Drivers SANDWICHES. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;6/21/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p36
Reports on the increase in the demand for sandwiches with upscale ingredients in the United States. Efforts of on-site operators to please the increasingly sophisticated palates of customers who want more upscale breads and sandwich ingredients; Sandwich selections at Ashland University's...