Would VT Gamble With Lottery?
- How Does Your Garden Grow? // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p12
This article reports on the creation of the position of sustainability coordinator at Virginia Tech University's dining program in a bid to show to its students its commitment to sustainability initiatives. Rick Johnson, director of housing and dining services, explains the importance of the...
- Virginia Tech's big Gamble. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the renovation of a cafeteria at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Transformation of an all-you-can-eat style outlet into a marketplace-style eatery; Influences of Rich Melman's Foodlife in Chicago, Illinois; Three-pronged mission for the...
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: VIRGINIA TECH CHEF SERIES HELPS NUTRITIONAL EFFORTS. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the efforts to introduce vegan and vegetarian entrees using seitan as the base ingredient at Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Web site launched by the university; Focus of the university's foodservice options; Features of the seitan meals.
- Rewards for Successful Sustainability. // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p19
The article announces that the dining services program at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University in Blacksburg, Virginia has received the 2014 Governor's Environmental Excellence Award.
- Dual foodservice options reign at Virginia Tech U. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on the dual foodservice options at Virginia Tech University's foodcourt in Blacksburg, Virginia. Advantages of having various foodservice options; Increase in sales experienced by the food court; Students' response to dual foodservice options; University Department of Culinary Services'...
- Virginia Tech marche lifts sales average to $5. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the introduction of a new marche concept at the Cochrane Dining Center of Virginia Tech's Blacksburg, Virginia campus. Cost of the renovation; University's reasons for going with the marche concept; Construction of individual seating areas and different flooring for each venue;...
- Virginia Tech wins whole-grains competition. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/8/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 40, p36
The article reports that the Virginia Tech Dining Services of Blacksburg has won the national grand prize of the Whole Grains Challenge, sponsored by the Whole Grains Council. According to the author, Virginia Tech won for the Whole Grain Boot Camp it ran in June and July 2007. The winners in...
- Virginia Tech sets the table. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the role of a feedback program implemented by dining facilities at Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg in an increase in their weekly sales, as of May 2005. Customer feedback mechanisms adopted by the dining facilities; Benefits of their decision to stay open an hour longer;...
- Virginia Tech Plans Latest Eatery for Fall '12 Opening. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/16/2012, p1
The article reports on the plan of Virginia Tech to open its newest dining hall, Turner Place, that will cost 33 million U.S. dollars in fall 2012 to be located on the academic side of its campus.