Keystone unveils quieter castor
- Firestone Polymers--a new look at Firestone Synthetic Rubber & Latex Company. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on improved production capabilities and customer changes at Firestone. Reference to the winning cars at the Indianapolis 500 using Firestone tires; Comments from Rick Stupp, marketing manager for Firestone Synthetic Rubber; Contact number for information.
- Muscle treads. Opre, Tom // Outdoor Life;Jan93, Vol. 191 Issue 1, p27
Offers tips for finding proper tires for a four-by-four pickup or recreational vehicle. Radials vs. bias-ply tires; Manufacturer recommendations; Matching height and width; Tire rotation.
- Deflating a retread myth. // Overdrive;Oct96, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p93
Presents a tip from the Tire Tread Information Bureau on running new or retread tires at recommended air pressure.
- Finally--high performance tires... Keebler, J. // Popular Science;Dec87, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p55
Until recently, if you wanted high-performance rubber for your car you had to be prepared to give up decent performance in rain or snow. But now, manufacturers are offering a new generation of high-performance tires that go, no matter what the conditions. It took a whole new bag of engineering...
- Variable tire pressure saves roads. Calder, B. // Popular Science;Mar89, Vol. 234 Issue 3, p140
Discusses a road-saving experimental system called central tire inflation which is being tested by the US Forest Service.
- Taking microchips for a ride. McCosh, D.; Nadel, B. // Popular Science;Aug90, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p37
Reports on an electronic microchip system designed for truck tires. Keeps track of the tire's maintenance and performance history; Protected in a rubber envelope.
- New GT tire. McCosh, Dan; Langreth, Robert // Popular Science;Aug92, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p33
Comments on Michelin's new all-weather MXV4 tire. Design; Performance; Price.
- Big rigs go high-tech. McCraw, Jim; McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;May93, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p28
Reports that an analysis of tire-wear patterns on the big rigs suggest that specialized tires on steering, drive, and load-carrying axles could yield superior mileage and performance. Specifics on a new tire system from Goodyear for class-eight line-haul tractor/trailer combinations.
- Getting a grip on ice and snow. Kimber, K. // Country Journal;Nov87, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p74
Description of improvements in radial tires, four-wheel drive, front-wheel drive, tire chains, snow tires. How to put on, drive with and take off tire chains. INSET: Major US manufacturers of tire chains..