- Flame retardants seek uses in broader resin spectrum. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Sep95, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p21
Focuses on the increasing demand for non-halogenated alternatives in the flame retardant industry. Reduction of reliance on antimony oxide; Expansion of applications of existing products; Concerns about acid corrosivity in smoke that can affect electrical systems; AmeriBrom Inc.'s launching of...
- Flame retardants. // Plastics Technology;Aug96 Supplement Handbook, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p395
Features flame retardants. Includes Fyrol halogenated phosphate ester flame retardant; Alumina trihydrates; Valu-Fil gypsum filler.
- Firestopping materials help safeguard property and lives. Carvelli, Gail Leach // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May97, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p16
Offers a guide to selecting firestopping materials for creating a system that meets local building codes. Functions of a firestop; Factors to consider in selecting a nonmechanical material; Proven firestopping materials; Growing importance of firestopping to the cable installation project.
- EFRA supports safety of UK fire retardants. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2002, Issue 5291, p1
Reports on the support given by the European Flame Retardants Association (EFRA) to the Furniture and Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations of Great Britain. Statement given by EFRA general secretary Brigitte Dero on the effects of flame retardant chemicals; Comparison of the situation of Great...
- Flame retardancy forecast. // Colourage;Oct97, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p68
Reports on the findings of a study indicating that the total U.S. consumption of flame retardant chemicals is projected to increase annually from 1997.
- Intumescent fire protection adds decorative flair to steel structures. Falconer, Donald F.; Cihomsky, John // Paint & Coatings Industry;Nov93, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the various uses and benefits of fire protection coatings. Ensuring a building's structural integrity in the event of a fire with the use of intumescent fireproofing coatings; Fireproofing alternative for structural steel that is both aesthetic and functional; Development and testing;...
- Anti FR press helps no-one. // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the public perception that fireproofing agents are health hazards in the U.S.
- FRCA reorganizes. // Chemical Week;11/6/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 43, p56
Reports on the reorganization of the Fire Retardant Chemical Association's operations to focus on electronics, upholstered furniture and construction.
- Flame retardants part 2. Robinson, Simon // Urethanes Technology International;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the new legislation for the use of flame retardants in furniture in California.