- Closed Loop System For High Speed Spindles. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb2002, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p160
Presents information on the efficiency of a closed loop system designed specifically for high speed spindles. Description of a closed loop system; Drawbacks of the oil-lubrication systems for high speed spindles; Description of the products of the GTI Spindle Technology company which offers a...
- EC spindles allow free programming. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Dec2003, p34
Reports on Deprag's release of a generation of electric stationary (EC) spindles said to allow free programming of the screw tightening process. Applications for the EC spindles; Ease of programming every part of the screw tightening process; Torques covered by the range.
- Modular internal coolant tapping systems with 750 psi capability. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p246
Features Jacobs Chuck/Bilz Co.'s modular tapping systems for high spindle speed applications. Internal coolant capability; Interchangability; Pressure neutral feature.
- Turning green wood. Eberle, David // Woodworker's Journal;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
Presents answers to a reader's question on drying green spindles. Steps in drying stretchers for assembly; Factors that influence the speed of drying; Drying of spindle tenons and seat mortises.
- `'Round and 'round she goes...'. Schuetz, George // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p116
Features the use of spindle analysis equipment as a means of measuring the positioning and geometric contouring accuracy of a machine tool that runs several hundred or thousand rounds per minute. Types of spindle errors; Measurement of deviations; Mechanics of operating spindle analysis equipment.
- Compact rotary table. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p228
Features Multiple HRT 210 SPS, a compact rotary table by Haas Automation Inc. Features; Usability.
- Rotary transfer primer. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb98, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p104
Focuses on rotary transfer technology in spindles. Types of transfer machine technology; Difference between transfer machine technology and rotary transfer technology; Advantages of using rotary transfer technology.
- Retrofitting CNC machining center with auxiliary high RPM spindle adds greater productivity and... // Modern Machine Shop;Sep95, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p140
Describes how one company modified a five-axis Fadal VMC 4020 vertical machining center by installing a Precise SC 102-O high speed electric spindle system. Specifications and capabilities of the spindle system.
- `Mold Masher' spindle extension series. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep95, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p228
Features Harroun Enterprises' `Mold Masher' spindle extension. Specifications; Contact information.