- Socket to me. Capes, Phil // Metalworking Production;Sep2002, Vol. 146 Issue 10, p37
Describes the advantages of using a conical taper to mount tooling in a machine tool over a plain cylindrical shank held in a collet. Achievement of separation during tool change; Manufacture of connections. INSETS: Highly rigid system;Easy does it.
- Tapping and Reaming Without Grief. // Product Design & Development;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on a floating tool holder called DuraFloat from T.M. Smith Tool International. Anti-friction parallel floating drive for reliable tool performance; Utilization of large surface areas treated with Armorclad wear-resistant coatings; Machine tool builders' search for ways to eliminate...
- Closed Loop System For High Speed Spindles. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb2002, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p160
Presents information on the efficiency of a closed loop system designed specifically for high speed spindles. Description of a closed loop system; Drawbacks of the oil-lubrication systems for high speed spindles; Description of the products of the GTI Spindle Technology company which offers a...
- OPTICAL COMPARATORS. // Quality;Jan2011, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p77
The article mentions the VisionGauge digital optical comparators from Methods Machine Tools Inc.
- Turning Centers Feature All-Boxway Design. // Production Machining;Jan2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p41
The article offers brief information on the Feeler FT-Series production equipment with a high performance Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) turning centers offered by Machine Tools Inc.
- Turning Centers. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug2000, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p106
Evaluates several spindle machine. TNW-34TC dual opposed spindle CNC chucker from Fuji Machine America; TL-15 dual-spindle lathe from Haas Automation; MD60G single spindle from Murata Wiedman Inc.
- MACHINE TOOL COMPONENTS AND ACCESSORIES. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug2004, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p236
Presents several machine tool components and accessories used in the manufacturing industries. Ceramic Roller Balls from Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics; M-series machine mounts from Sunnex Inc.; 250JS series high speed spindle from Air Turbine Technology Inc.
- Editor's spotlight. // Metalworking Digest;Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p31
Features modular tooling systems. CNC modular knurling tools from Dorian Tool International; Modular tooling disconnect holder system; EDM electrode system; Tooling station for holders and fixtures.
- To push or pull barstock. Bates, Charles // American Machinist;Feb2000, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p60
Discusses the factors that machine operators should consider when deciding on whether to push or pull barstock. Disadvantage of basing the decision on price alone; Advanced models of barpullers; Four configurations of barpullers offered by Royal Products; Improvement in cycle times.