Direct to Dell: I Hunt For Michael's Supply Chain Secrets
- Dell CEO: Transformation on the Way for PC Maker. // Channel Insider;12/10/2010, p1
The article focuses on the diversification efforts of Dell Inc. Dell Inc.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Dell states that many people in the securities industry ignore several of the company's diverse product offerings which include personal computers (PCs), small and medium businesses...
- Dell's marketing budget unscathed by loss. Mullich, Joe // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug93, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the plans of Dell Computer Corp. to maintain its sales and marketing expenditures despite expected net loss for the first quarter of 1993. Projected sales for the second quarter ending August 1, 1993; Restructuring of European operations; Appointment of Phillippe D'Argent as regional...
- Michael Dell. // Success Media: Michael Dell: Decision-Making;2011, p1
Video Length: Six minutes, five seconds. Do you see the opportunities around you? Are you noticing the gaps where there's a big opportunity? The founder of Dell computer saw the big gap between the cost of the guts of a computer and the final product. He saw the opportunity in selling directly...
- Portable preacher. Hamm, Steve // PC Week;6/28/93, Vol. 10 Issue 25, pA/24
Features John Medica, Dell Computers' vice president for portable products. Lesson Medica brought with him from Apple Computer Inc.; Previous position at Apple; Clone Apple's notebook-development strategy; Application of Apple-style product-development techniques to Dell's distribution strategy;...
- Dell taps Motorola exec to share CEO position. Zimmerman, Michael R. // PC Week;5/16/94, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p130
Reports on the naming of Morton Topfer as the second chief executive officer of Dell Computer Corporation. Company chairman Michael Dell as the other CEO; Topfer's previous position in Motorola Inc.; Topfer's responsibilities.
- Words-worth: Process. // Management Today;Oct2003, p29
According to an article, the founder of one of the world's biggest computer companies is a man obsessed: mention of the word "process" brings a fanatical gleam to businessman Michael Dell's eye. Ironically, the same word will often induce the gentle closing of everyone else's eyes. Process...
- Managing velocity. Magretta, Joan // UNESCO Courier;Dec98, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p26
Features Dell Computers. Details on the direct business model introduced by Michael Dell in 1984; Activities and resources that go into making and selling a computer; Economic incentives to collaborate; Importance of speed in the movement of inventory; Importance of working with customers to...
- On top of customer value shifts. Lyons, John C. // BRW;7/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p41
The article offers the author's insights on Michael Dell, founder of Dell Inc., regarding Dell's plan on privatising the company and his skill of connecting with customers.
- It is a lot easier being a private company. Dell, Michael // Business Today;10/11/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p136
The article presents an interview with chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Dell of the computer company Dell, who talks about the immense growth of the private company, his view on the personal computer (PC) market space, and the implementation of startup ecosystem in India.