DCX GOES FLEX
- DaimlerChrysler Will Shop Technology. Phelan, Mark // Automotive Industries;Dec98, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p57
Reports that DaimlerChrysler AG will give its supply base the chance to duplicate innovations developed by suppliers. Comment from Tom Sidlik, procurement chief of the company; Technology program of the company.
- Chrysler product system ascends at D/C. Couretas, John // Automotive News;3/22/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5811, p4
Reports on DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Development System for North America, which aims for a more efficient system for building vehicles faster, cheaper and with higher quality. Adoption of the name CATIA, a label for a range of software that handles product design, simulates the function of...
- Chrysler task toughens. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;2/15/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5806, p54
Reports on the Project 2000, DaimlerChrysler AG's program consolidating Chrysler-Plymouth and Jeep dealerships. Problems encountered; Includes resistance from dealers; Monitoring of the market performance of the Plymouth brand.
- How Vipers and Prowlers Teach Production Control. Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;Feb99, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p123
Reports on how DaimlerChrysler (DC) manages production at its Conner Avenue vehicle plant in Detroit, Michigan. Information on a summer meeting of worldwide production-control officials from DC prepared to be hosted by Conner Avenue; How material flow is managed in DC; Key of DC in reacting to...
- Retooling Automotive Welding. Mandel, Richard // Penton's Welding Magazine;Mar2007, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p20
The article offers information on the Flexible Manufacturing Strategy, a lean manufacturing program of automobile manufacturer DaimlerChrysler. According to the author, such concept was developed for the production of the 2008 Dodge Avenger. He adds that the program takes an alternative approach...
- Production. // Automotive News;5/23/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6148, p57
The article presents statistical data on the production schedule of various automobile companies in May 2005. The information is provided on plant overtime schedule of DaimlerChrysler AG, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Corp. A detailed schedule of North America car and truck production is...
- Partnering pains. Poulsen, Vicky // Aftermarket Business;Feb2001, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the financial problems being faced by car manufacturer DaimlerChrysler. Demand of the company for substantial price cuts from suppliers to compensate for slow sales; Response of the suppliers on the demand of the company; Efforts of the company to maintain production efficiency...
- Production. // Automotive News;8/25/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6054, p42
Presents a chart indicating production performance at several automobile manufacturing plants in the U.S. and its adjoining countries. Scheduled overtime at the plant of DaimlerChrysler AG; Units lost per week at Edison, New Jersey-based plant of Ford Motor Co.; Total truck production in the U.S.
- The Right Formula. // Time;6/29/1962, Vol. 79 Issue 26, p76
The article offers information on the notable changes offered by some of the biggest automobile manufacturers in the U.S. for their new 1963 car models. The General Motors Corp. planned to launch its all-new Buick Riviera which will have a 117 inches wheelbase with a four-passenger and two-door...