Judge Voids Arizona Tax Initiative
- Iowa Schools Meet Resistance To Sales Tax-Backed Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p1
Reports on the resistance to sales-tax backed school bonds in Polk County, Iowa. Spending of proceeds on a pay-as-you-go basis; Several counties in the state's approval of the sales tax.
- Cherokee County, Ga., OKs $150 Million School Bond and Sales Tax. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31227, p38
Reports the approval of a school bond referendum and a renewal of one-cent sales tax by voters in Cherokee County, Georgia. Comments of Candler Howell, finance director of Cherokee County School District to the tax approval process; Support of the officials to the approval of the bonds and...
- Local-Option Sale Tax Debt Gains Ground With Iowa Schools. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p34
Reports that the number of Iowa school districts that leverage their share of the tax and issue bonds are expected to continue to grow even outside the counties with the strongest commercial bases as more counties plan to ask voters to levy a local-option sales tax. Differences in the way...
- Arizona Board Plans 'Historic' $500 Million Deal for Schools. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p3
Reports the issuance of school campus improvement funds by the Arizona School Facilities Board. Cost estimates of public school improvement; Establishment of baseline standards for school facilities; Unconstitutionality of the state's capital outlay funding; Approval of the state sales tax...
- Oklahoma City Voters OK School Debt; Tulsa Voters Sink Riverfront Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p3
The article reports on the result of the election in Oklahoma. It states that Oklahoma City voters approved a $248.3 million school bond package while Tulsa County voters rejected a sales tax increase to pay for riverfront development. It states that all four bond ballot questions proposed by...
- Fixing Up Arkansas Schools Could Cost $3B, Report Says. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p5
Reports on the cost associated with bringing Arkansas school facilities into compliance with standards outlined by the state Supreme Court in 2002. Spending on a study of state school facilities before writing laws that would create fundings mechanisms to equalize school facilities across the...
- Midwest Sees Mixed Results for Bond Questions, and New Faces in Office. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p34
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Midwest on November 2, 2004. School bond issue in Ohio; Sales tax increase for financing stadium renovations in Kansas City, Missouri; Bond measures in Detroit, Michigan.
- Upgraded Florida School District Pricing $90M Refunding. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p32
Reports on the values of sales tax revenue refunding bonds by the Hillsborough County School District in Florida. Economic influence to the rating upgrade; Improvement in the performance of sales tax revenue; Financial resources used to cover maximum annual debt service.
- Jefferson Co., Ala., Mulling New Use for Excess Tax Money. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32445, p3
The article reports on the plan of Jefferson county officials to talk with bankers and insurers in New York about the use of excess sales tax revenue that was used in securing school warrants for scholarship funds of public schools in Alabama. It cited that the only obstacle to the plan is the...