Saga Continues for Troubled Southeast Housing Bonds
- Newman & Associates Pushing New Multifamily Structure. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p7
Reports the completion of the multifamily housing revenue bond issues in Dallas, Texas. Details on the GTEX structure of Newman & Associates; Expansion of portfolio for housing deals; Goal of the profit-entity on fair market sale.
- Has housing peaked? Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30730, p1
Focuses on the risks in multifamily housing bonds in the United States. Effects of decline in credit quality on multifamily housing markets; Trading of multifamily debt.
- A Shifting of the Cap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30921, p1
Reports on the rise in the allocation of private-activity bonds to the multifamily housing sector in the United States. Growth rate between 1998 and 1999; Apportionment for mortgage revenue bonds; States' success in coping with demand for volume cap allocations.
- Proposed Oklahoma issue troubles legislators and property owners. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30847, p36
Reports on the proposal by the Oklahoma Housing Development Authority to sell tax-exempt revenue bonds. Use of the proceeds to buy apartment complexes in Oklahoma counties; Reaction of concerned apartment owners and managers on the proposed bond issue.
- Housing. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p20A
Reports that a weakened market for multifamily housing bonds caused a housing issuance decline in the first nine months of 1997. Continued increase in single-family housing issuance; Effects of stable rates on refundings; Opinion of analysts about the future of multifamily issuance.
- Some say call-prone multifamily bonds are a risky investment. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;06/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30412, p9
Focuses on the market risks for United States investors who are focusing on multifamily housing bonds. Multifamily bond call options; Pitfalls of multifamily projects; Remarks from some investors on the effect of bond calls on them; Features of the report on the market by Kurt van Kuller, first...
- It's Hamlet, act one, in Oyster Bay. Winzelberg, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/7/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 41, p5A
The article discusses the business activities of Oyster Bay Town Board in New York. The board has been busy approving an environmental bond issue, accepting a new hamlet study as well as cracking down on illegal apartments. On November 6, 2007, green-lighting of a $60 million environmental bond...
- Bonds for Indianapolis Housing Project Are in Default. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p4
Reports on the bonds issued for an Indianapolis, Indiana apartment complex. Structure of the bonds; Possible default of some bonds issued by the city.
- Northeastern University plans pioneering hybrid housing deal. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30729, p3
Reports on the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency's preparation of a multi-family housing bond deal in its first attempt to combine student-housing with a home-ownership borrowing program. Student housing project at Northeastern University included in the deal; Structure of the deal.