Automotive Competitive Intelligence 101: A Beginner's Guide
- Detroit spy report. Dunne, Jim // Popular Mechanics;Sep97, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p40
Presents various automobiles to be released in the United States market in 1999. Ford F-150; Chevrolet Tracker; Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.
- Europe spy report. Allen, Mike // Popular Mechanics;Sep97, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p46
Presents various automobiles to be released in the European market. Alfa Romeo 166 Coupe; Ferrari F355; Mercedes-Benz C-Class; BMW M Coupe.
- An optimist amid the sales debris. Wernie, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;05/07/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p30
Focuses on the sales concepts of Ilhan Cetinkaya, chairman of Dogus Otomotiv Holdings, distributor of the Volkswagen group in Turkey. His prediction on the number of Volkswagen dealers in the country; Features of a DOD used-car superstore; His opinion on a shopping mall project.
- Countervailing tactics pay off--or do they? Learning, George F. // Marketing News;10/23/89, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p12
The article focuses on countervailing pricing tactics of automobile sellers. Sellers of automobiles have gained from the use of countervailing pricing tactics but this strategy of countervailing pricing tactics swept the U.S. automobile market in the past. Both domestic and foreign automobile...
- Auto sales for January continue downward trend. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;3/6/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p43
The article reports on the decrease of automobile sales for January 2008 in Puerto Rico. According to the new Puerto Rico Automobile Retail Sales, the total automobile sales for January 2008 was 8,126 vehicles which represents a 19.4% sales drop in 2007. It is explained that the total sales for...
- Are We There Yet? Windecker, Ray // Automotive Industries;Mar2004, Vol. 184 Issue 3, p18
Analyzes the sales of the automotive industry in the U.S. as of 2004. Factors that contribute to the decrease of sales of the industry; Information on economic indicators that will help stabilize the sales of the industry; Tabular representation of the annual rates of the industry from 2000 to...
- A piece of the auction. Stahl, M. Chael // Wheels;Jan2009, p78
The article offers information on the consequences of selling and purchasing a car in an auction. It states that for vendors, selling at auction opens the possibility of potential purchasers slugging it out on price that is far that than car is really worth. It adds that for purchaser, an...
- 1976 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4. // Wheels;Jan2009, p80
The article offers information on the 1976 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4 auction. According to the owner of the car, he was concerned to who the car would end up with, and adds that the car was original with original paint and interior. Highlights the bidding of the car and who won the bidding are...
- 1959 Mercedes-Benz 220S coupe. // Wheels;Jan2009, p81
The article offers information on the Mercedes-Benz 220S coupe auction. It states that the vendor was a successful, retired medical man. It highlights the bidding of the car and who won in the bidding. According to the owner, the car had not been driven since a paint and upholstery restoration...