- Nissan seeks hip market with new Quest. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;6/9/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6042, p17
With the 2004 Quest minivan automobile, a standout design departure from the rest of the minivan pack, automobile company Nissan Corp. makes it clear that it is aiming for a different kind of buyer. In taking the bold step, Nissan is gambling that it can find 85,000 Americans annually who want a...
- The Z is back in town. Slavnich, Dean // Automotive Engineer;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p67
Features Nissan Motor Co.'s 350Z automobile model manufactured base from the concept of the Nissan's sporty 240Z. Result of the use of multi-link suspension systems in mounting the car's front and rear; Description of the engine used in this model; Significant features of the 350Z model; Key to...
- Nissan's Sunderland plant beats France to win fifth car project. // Professional Engineering;9/20/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p10
The article reports on the production of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s four-wheel drive Qashqai model at its plant in Sunderland, England. The Qashqai will be the first all-new vehicle to be designed at Nissan's center in London. Sunderland beat competition from rival plants in France, where Nissan...
- Nissan commercial van production begins. // Delta Automotive Report;Feb2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the start of the production of 2012 NV commercial vans at the expanded plant of automobile maker Nissan Motor Co. in Canton, Mississippi on January 19, 2011.
- NISSAN QASHQAI CONCEPT. // AutoWeek;3/15/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p22
The article explains the concept behind the new Qashqai by Nissan. The Qashqai is the first project to come from Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s London design studio. The car is a design studio by automakers as exercise to push the boundaries of conventional design. It is a crossover, tall, wagon for...
- Sex and Zed. Lyon, Peter // Motor;Feb2001, p10
Features the Nissan Z-Car from Nissan Motor Corp. Implication of the car for reclaiming the popularity of the company; Incorporation of designs from 240Z and 300ZX; Implication of the vehicle production to Japanese, Californian and German styling centers.
- Nissan shifts Murano to Mississippi. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;1/14/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6551, p26
The article reports on the shift in production of the Murano crossover from Japan to Mississippi, ordered by Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. chief executive officer (CEO) Carlos Ghosn to lessen reliance on expensive Japanese manufacturing to compete in North America. It is noted that a string of Nissan...
- Suppliers to the 2004 Nissan Quest. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;8/25/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6054, p22F
The 2004 Nissan Quest minivan is the first product to roll out of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s new assembly plant in Canton, Mississippi. The 3.5-liter V-6 engine, produced at Nissan's plant in Decherd, Tennessee, is rated at 240 hp. The Lextron/Visteon Assembly Systems joint venture that produces...
- Trippin' the micralight fantastic. Louisson, Peter // New Zealand Doctor;8/11/2004, p38
Evaluates the Micra supermini car from Nissan. Features; Cost; Weight.