Management of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes: the 2008 Canadian Diabetes Association guidelines
- ASK DR ANDREW. Andrew; Gibson, Donna // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/4/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p69
Presents information on type 2 diabetes. Problems associated with insufficient production of insulin; Risk factors associated with developing type 2 diabetes.
- Enhanced Expressions of Arginine Vasopressin (Avp) in the Hypothalamic Paraventricular and Supraoptic Nuclei of Type 2 Diabetic Rats. Sun Yi; In Hwang; Yo Kim; Il Kim; Son-Il Pak; In Lee; Je Seong; Yeo Yoon // Neurochemical Research;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p833
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Arginine vasopressin (AVP) is known to a neuropeptide that plays important roles in water conservation, sodium homeostasis, and in the regulation of serum osmolality. Several studies have reported that the elevated AVP level is related with diabetes mellitus as an acute...
- The myth of the metabolic syndrome. Gale, Edwin A. M. // Diabetologia;Sep2005, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p1679
Explores the etiology and pathology of diabetes. Disorders marked by excessive urination and persistent thirst; Changes in blood glucose levels and blood pressure; Risk of diabetes for arterial disease, obesity, resistance to the actions of insulin and high blood pressure.
- Diabetic Modulation of the Temperature Kinetics Properties of Cytochrome Oxidase Activity in Rat Brain Mitochondria. Surendra Katyare; Samir Patel; Hiren Modi // Neurochemical Research;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p422
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â The effects of alloxan-diabetes and subsequent treatment with insulin on temperature kinetics properties of cytochrome oxidase activity from rat brain mitochondria were examined. The enzyme activity decreased only at the late stage of diabetes which was not normalized...
- Severe Hyponatremia Due to Rosiglitazone use in an Elderly Woman with Diabetes Mellitus: A Rare Cause of Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Secretion. Dilek Berker; Yusuf Aydin; Ayşe Arduç; İhsan Ustün; Bilal Ergün; Serdar Guler // Endocrine Practice;Nov2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p1017
Objective: To describe the first case of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion with life-threatening hyponatremia due to rosiglitazone therapy.Methods: We describe the clinical, laboratory, and imaging findings of the study patient.Results: An 89-year-old woman with a 5-year...
- Integrated care pathway for diabetes identified in pregnancy. Jeffrys, Amanda; Webster, Danny; Gardner, Mary; Douek, Isy; Fox, Robert // International Journal of Care Pathways;Mar2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p30
We developed an integrated care pathway for diabetes identified in pregnancy largely based on National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) CG063 - Diabetes in Pregnancy (2008). As well as providing the integrated care pathway (ICP) for clinicians to consider using in their units, this...
- Sequenom reports discovery of significant diabetes risk genes. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;October 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the discovery of several novel high-confidence diabetes genes for type 2 diabetes by Sequenom. Identification of FOXA2, one of several novel high-confidence diabetes genes; Opportunities of these novel targets to develop new diagnostics and therapeutics for diabetes; Description of FOXA2.
- WpÅ‚yw epizodÃ³w hipoglikemii na przewodnictwo nerwowe oraz na sÅ‚uchowe i wzrokowe potencjaÅ‚y wywoÅ‚one u dzieci z cukrzycÄ… typu 1. Wysocka-Mincewicz, Marta; Trippenbach-Dulska, Hanna; Emeryk-Szajewska, Barbara; Zakrzewska-Pniewska, Beata; Kochanek, Krzysztof; Pañkowska, Ewa // Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
Background: Hypoglycemia is an acute disturbance of energy, especially impacting the central nervous system, but direct influence on peripheral nervous function is not detected. The aim of the study was to establish the influence of hypoglycemic moderate and severe episodes on the function of...
- Salamander Science! Lewinson, Rachael // Countdown;Summer2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, 'Special section' p4
Examines how salamanders could help find a cure for diabetes. Ability of salamanders to regenerate new body parts; Possibility of making new islet cells to replace the old, dead ones; Occurrence of magic gene in the specie. INSETS: Important Definitions;Regeration vs. Transplantation.