Asbestos panelists accuse government of misusing science
- Canada suppresses scientific consensus report on chrysotile. // Occupational Health;Nov2008, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p27
The article reports on the delay in publication of an official report by Health Canada on the state of knowledge of chrysotile asbestos. It is noted that a panel of experts met in Canada in 2007 to talk about chrysotile asbestos. The conclusions of the meeting remain unpublished, contrary to...
- Germaphobia. Lundy, Emily // Malakoff News (TX);10/2/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 40, p6
The article offers accounts from the author about her experiences involving cleanliness before hand washing reminders and the use of vinyl gloves first began, including from her visit to a pediatrician, from buying snow cones, and eating at a cafe known for its ham sandwiches.
- Correspondence. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Dec1999, Vol. 107 Issue 12, pA596
Presents commentaries on issues on environmental health. Comparative hazards of chrysotile asbestos and its substitutes; Epidemiologic studies of radiofrequency exposure and human cancers; Definition of the term 'tumor promoter.'
- An individual with a majority of ferruginous bodies formed on chrysotile cores. Levin, Jeffrey L.; Dodson, Ronald F. // Archives of Environmental Health;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p462
Discusses a clinical case of a 59-year-old man expose to chrysotile asbestos while rebuilding clutches. Presence of chrysotile core in ferruginous bodies from lung tissue; Confirmation of asbestos exposure; Ferruginous bodies form on amphibole cores.
- KITCHEN CLEANUP. Jackson, Dwayne // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2006, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p280
The article presents guidelines for assuring sanitation in kitchens. Using a single dishtowel to dry hands and dishes and wipe countertops can spread a lot of germs. Clean countertops and other surfaces and dry your hands with paper towels. Save the dishtowel for drying clean dishes.
- Health Canada warns against using foreign health products. // Reactions Weekly;12/4/2010, Issue 1330, p5
The article reports on the Foreign Product Alerts issued by Health Canada in December 2010. Accordingly, the alerts are specifically for the products Arrow Brand Medicated Oil & Embrocation, Amana Care Seven Slim Herbal Capsules, Beijing 101 Hair Consultants Hair Growth Formula D-265B and Hair...
- THE GERM FILES. // NW;5/10/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p72
The article offers information on how to keep one's dwelling clean and fight away germs. It mentions that it is important to always put the lod down before flushing to avoid germs from the toilet bowl from landing up in the air. It affirms that chopping boards should always be washed with...
- Squeaky clean. Stewart, Iain // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/16/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 4141, p29
The article discusses the rules for effective handwashing in nurseries. Nursery operators should regularly address the issue of hygiene awareness by discussing germs and how they spread. Personal hygiene training can be reinforced with refresher sessions that can be associated with other...
- Health Days Calendar. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jan2004, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on a calendar of health-related events through 2004 offered by Health Canada.