give back GET RAVES
- Corporate shade of green. Turner, Catherine // Marketing Week;3/27/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p10
The article focuses on corporate social responsibility in Great Britain. It states that the green aspect has led some organisations to banish the social element from CSR, saying that it puts too much focus on community aspects, leading people to believe that CSR is only about philanthropy. It...
- ETHICAL AND PHILANTHROPIC RESPONSIBILITIES IN PRACTICE. GRIGORE, GEORGETA // Annals of the University of Petrosani Economics;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p167
Along the time, enterprises were created as economic entities meant to supply goods and services to the members of society. Profit is the main incentive for entrepreneurs. First, the enterprise was the basic economic unit form for our society. Therefore, its main role was to produce the goods...
- You know TQM. Now meet CSR. Diaz, Alexander F. // Caribbean Business;4/1/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p28
Cites corporate social responsibility as an issue that local companies seem to realize in Puerto Rico. Involvement of businesses in philanthropy and community investments; Contributions of business enterprises in the society; Ways that companies could significantly contribute to society.
- What is the Place of Spirituality in Business? Harrington, Donald J. // Review of Business;Fall98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the role of spirituality in business. Nexus between spirituality and business; Discussion of business ethics; Examples of business situations where ethical decision is made based on the context of life.
- Working on the Wiring: Preventing Ethical Failures in Socially Responsible Businesses. Giampetro-Meyer, Andrea // Review of Business;Fall98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
Socially responsible businesses should be encouraged to make regular assessment and self-criticism a priority, which in turn will make them less vulnerable to destructive criticism. Socially responsible businesses have experienced serious ethical failures and lapses, and there are many factors...
- Social Responsibility and the Corporation. Anderson Jr., Jerry W. // Business Horizons;Jul/Aug86, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the social responsibility of business industries. Factors to consider in performing social responsibility programs; Correlation between moral-ethical standards and legal compliance; Phases undergone by successfully implemented social programs.
- Global Rules for Corporate Accountability. Phillips, Matt // Multinational Monitor;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10/11, p12
Discusses proposals for the global rules of corporate accountability. Rights of redress for citizens and communities adversely affected by corporate activities; Duties recommended to be imposed by the convention on publicly traded companies; Elements essential for a corporate accountability...
- Unethical behavior unlikely to be tied to entrepreneurship. Stearns, Timothy M. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/25/2002, Issue 322999, p14
Comments on a rash of news reports regarding illegal and questionable business practices. Proof that there is no evidence that entrepreneurs are the ones engaging in unethical behavior.
- Business ethics and corporate responsibility. Butler, Stephen // Vital Speeches of the Day;07/01/97, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p559
Presents a speech by the chief executive officer of KPMG Peat Marwick given before an awards luncheon to recognize 100 Florida companies on February 28, 1997 dealing with corporate ethics and responsibility.