NICE COMPANIES (AND NICE PEOPLE) FINISH FIRST
- Securities firms seek coverage for shutdown. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;11/5/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p1
Reports the claims for coverage of profit loss of financial institutions due to shutdown of financial markets in the United States. Influence of the September 11 terrorist attacks on business interruption claims; Issues on the claim-resolution process; Factors suggesting variability of business...
- Political risk capacity may tighten. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p3
Reports the price increase of political risk insurance. Impact of the price increase to financial services companies; Shrinkage of capacity; Reduction on the contract duration of insurance.
- mortgage brief. // Money Marketing;5/29/2003, p52
Lists several lenders and their mortgage transactions in Great Britain for the year 2003. Product type; Payable rates; Base rates; Loan to value; Arrangement fee; Booking fee; Conditional insurance.
- 'Quitting networks could get IFAs better PI deal' // Money Marketing;9/18/2003, p5
Reports on support services providers and brokers' claim that international financial advisers (IFA) could benefit from their professional indemnity (PI) insurance by quitting their networks. Higher premiums for firms that joined the networks when PI premiums increase; Threesixty partner David...
- Largest Indianapolis-area. Cullather, Sarah; Richie, Petra // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p24A
Ranks the largest Indianapolis, Indiana-based independent insurance agencies based on total premiums written in 1999. Includes Marsh Inc.; Tobias Insurance Group Inc.; M-J Insurance Inc.; Conseco Risk Management Inc.; Gregory & Appel Insurance.
- High tech brings high risk for lawsuits. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;2/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p11
Reports developments in the financial institution industry as of February 2003. Details on the insurance policy imposed by the Chubb Group of Insurance Cos.; Agreement between SilverState Bank and Celebrate Commercial I LLC; Nullification of the license of K & E Loan Servicing Inc.
- BREATHING LIFE INTO THE INSURANCE BUSINESS. MacDonald, Robert // U.S. Banker;Sep2002, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p72
Examines the status of the United States insurance business. Competition provided by banks and investment companies to the insurance sector; Steps that should be taken by insurance firms to keep up with the competition.
- Companies. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb99, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p86
Presents update on insurance companies for February 1999. Dispute between Equitable Life Assurance Society and its policyholders; Reason Summit Life Corp. has launched an initial public offering; Services offered by Aetna U.S. Healthcare; Company HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. is planning to buy.
- Bank insurance likely to take off, analysts say. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;4/16/96, Vol. 161 Issue 72, p8
Presents information on the state of the banking industry and its ability to make a success out of the insurance business. Wall Street bullish about industry's ability; Banks that would survive in the insurance industry; Analysts beliefs about bank insurance; Banks that are the most prepared to...
- Recognizing Insurers' Privileged Information. Stano, Phillip E. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Spring99, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p268
Explains why it is not only legally required, but furthers the public's interest for state regulators to recognize properly asserted privileges and not to seek insurer's privileged information. Industry's position on access to privileged information; Effect on the industry of non-recognition or...