The impact of Internet knowledge on college students' intention to continue to use the Internet
- Would You Quit Social Media If You Could? CRAMER, THERESA // EContent;Apr2014, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p4
The author stresses that it is hard to give up on social networks all together. She mentions that college kids used social media to cyberstalk their crushes. She compares Facebook with Snapchat. The author discusses social media fatigue. According to a 2013 study from Pew Research Center's Pew...
- A Four-Country Investigation of Factors Facilitating Student Internet Use. Fusilier, Marcelline; Durlabhji, Subhash; Cucchi, Alain; Collins, Michael // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p454
Education and national culture may influence Internet use. The present study explored factors that might facilitate college students' use of the Internet across samples in four countries: India, Mauritius, Reunion Island (an overseas Department of France), and the United States. Questionnaire...
- Internet Use Among Female and Male College Students. Odell, Patricia M.; Korgen, Kathleen O.; Schumacher, Phyllis; Delucchi, Michael // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Oct2000, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p855
A review of the recent literature concerning Internet usage among Americans reveals that the once stark gender gap is closing rapidly, but disparities remain in the purposes for which males and females use the Internet. Almost all of this research, however, is based on cross sections of American...
- Study Hall. // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/7/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p46
Profiles college-aged Web consumers in the United States. Frequency of Internet use; Average time spent; Number of pages viewed; Top ten sites visited by the 18-24 year-old market; Leading university sites.
- An Internet-Based Intervention for Promoting and Maintaining Physical Activity: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Sriramatr, Sonthaya; Berry, Tanya R.; Spence, John C. // American Journal of Health Behavior;May/Jun2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p430
Objectives: To evaluate the efficacy of a Social Cognitive Theory-based Internet intervention designed to promote and maintain leisure-time physical activity in university-aged female students in Thailand. Methods: The 3-month intervention was delivered through a website and e-mails with a...
- Survey Shows Broadband Adoption Slowing. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;10/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p35
This article reports on the outcome of a 2005 study on broadband adoption in the U.S. During the first six months of 2005, 53 percent of home Internet users said they relied on a broadband connection. From November 2003 to May 2004, highspeed Internet penetration grew by 20 percent, from 35...
- The Web-Connected Generation. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p9
Presents information on a report conducted by the Harris Poll for Northwestern Mutual on the internet usage among college students in the United States in 2001.
- Internet Is to College Kids What Water Is to Fish. Gordon, Jack // e-learning;Jan2003, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Presents findings of the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press' report 'The Internet Goes to College: How Students are Living in the Future With Today's Technology.' Internet use among college students; Impact of the Internet on college academic experience; Use of academic-oriented...
- Survey: Internet Now Part of Everyday Life For College Students. // Black Issues in Higher Education;10/10/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p14
Looks at the uses of the Internet for college students according to a survey across the U.S. Role of the Internet in college life; Internet activities of college students; Impact on schoolwork.