Acquisitions Left And Right
- AT&T and SBC Communications horse trade wireless licenses. Blake, Jerry // RCR;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p13
No abstract available.
- AT&T, SBC swap markets. // Telephony;8/19/96, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p15
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and SBC Communications Inc.'s signing of a deal under which both companies swapped personal communications service markets.
- Close-up on the Chicago market. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/31/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p20
Looks at the competition between Ameritech Cellular Services Inc., SBC Wireless company, and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the Chicago, Illinios mobile phone market. Structure of the telecommunications market in Chicago; Services offered by the companies.
- RCR's top 20 cellular carriers. // RCR;12/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 52, pS2
Presents the top 20 cellular telephone carriers in the United States according to rankings for 1999. Includes AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; AirTouch Communications Inc.; SBC Wireless Inc.
- Western's DSL Move May Take On LECs. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Announces the supply pact of cellular carrier Western Wireless with Nortel. Terms of their supply pact; Views of analysts on potential buyers like AT&T Wireless Services for Western; Reasons for the appeal of Western to buyers; Advantage of Western's digital subscriber line technology to...
- Western Snags Roaming Pact With AT&T. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the decision of Western Wireless to extend its roaming agreement with AT&T Wireless, as of April 2002. Impact of the extension on Cingular Wireless-AT&T joint venture; Terms under the extended deal; Effect of the move on Western's shares.
- Care and feeding of customers. Brothers, Art // America's Network;7/01/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the customer service efforts of U.S. telecommunications companies. Uselessness of contacting Western Wireless' customer service hotlines; Author's experiences during a work stint at AT&T Wireless.
- Change Carries Higher Churn Risk. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p6
Reveals the changes implemented by some wireless communication service providers in the United States as of November 2001. Rise in Rural Cellular Corporation's overall churn rate; Changes implemented by Western Wireless Corp.; Estimated number of customers of AT&T Wireless that come from other...
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Presents news on the telecommunication business as of June 4, 2001. Agreement between AT&T Wireless and Western Wireless Corp.; Accusation of Agere Systems Inc. against Proxim Inc.; Supplier of computer chips to Nortel Networks Corporation.