Another Roadside Attraction
- e-Wireless aims to join drivers with advertisers wirelessly. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;10/23/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p35
Reports on the #333 service launched by e-Wireless Inc. which allows a consumer to dial the number from their wireless telephone and get connected to a company advertising its product or service over the radio.
- Get Automated. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;03/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p16
Highlights the advantages of automating the network-provisioning processes of the switch and radio components of a wireless communication carrier. How to provision physical resources; How to improve switch configuration; Network-wide configuration; How to gain the competitive advantage.
- New cellular technology creates mobile office. Young, Ruth // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Oct95, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p92
Discusses the competitive advantage offered by wireless communication technology for insurance agents in the United States. Accessibility of distant databases from the field; Turnaround time; Applications of wireless data technology; Customers' appreciation of efficient services provided;...
- Moths seek the flame. Borck, James R. // InfoWorld;8/6/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p45
Discusses the use of wireless sales-force automation (SFA) application extensions to amend the SFA capabilities of companies. Caution to companies considering wireless accessibility as an enterprise option; Importance of an SFA to a sales team.
- WIRED vs. UNWIRED: A Split Identity? Edwards, John // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, following p32
Looks at potential applications of wireless Internet or Internet-enabled wireless communication devices. Examples of the technological and conceptual obstacles faced by wireless Internet; Internet shopping; Impact of the wireless Internet on instant messaging; Role of vehicle-mounted access...
- Bumpy Road Ahead for M-Commerce. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the m-commerce trend, shopping with wireless phones, has begun in the United States. Deal of Sprint PCS with Amazon.com through its Wireless Web offering; Factors that are detrimental to m-commerce; Comments from analyst, Kelly Quinn regarding the purchasing concept.
- Developing a Smart Shopping Automation System: Ambient Intelligence in Practice. CHIA-CHEN CHEN; YA-FEN CHANG // Adhoc & Sensor Wireless Networks;2014, Vol. 20 Issue 1-2, p95
Recently, the Ambient Intelligence (AmI) concept is become popular and realized by wireless communication technology and wireless sensors devices. The wireless sensors devices can real-time acquire contextual information and send it to the information system by using wireless communication...
- Transition To Wireless Means Less Downtime. Bramlet, Christy R.; Jordan, John M. // Modern Machine Shop;Nov2005, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p106
This article reports on the shift of the direct numerical control (DNC) system of Pointe Precision to wireless technology. Pointe Precision is a contract machine shop providing tight-tolerance machining concentrated in the aerospace, medical and other high-performance industries. When the...
- The anti-bill. Kenny, Lawrence // Telephony;06/28/99, Vol. 236 Issue 26, p35
Reports on the United States wireless carriers' use of prepaid cards to accommodate customers who are not well served by traditional post-pay agreements. Advantage and disadvantage of prepaid service; Average prices for prepaid wireless.