Stick Sets Sights On Services
- STICK NETWORKS UNVEILS PERSONAL DIGITAL NETWORK. // Networks Update;Sep2000, p4
Features the Personal Digital Network (PDN), a wireless Internet technology from Stick Networks in Dallas, Texas. Advantages of PDN over utility-oriented, first generation wireless Internet technologies; Deployment of PDN over existing wireless data networks; Description of the device reference...
- Stick Networks to deliver device for media-rich content. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p8
Focuses on Personal Digital Network, a wireless platform from Stick Networks which incorporates seamless integrated communications with advanced content delivery capabilities. Plan of Stick Networks for the service; Why wireless operators will benefit from the efficiency of Stick Networks' solution.
- Stick Networks cues up new device for wireless Internet play. Bruno, Antony // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p2
Reports the establishment of the Personal Digital Network (PDN), a collection of Internet-based content, services and applications for young adults by Stick Networks Inc. in Dallas, Texas. Efforts to develop a class of wireless Internet service; Description and features of PDN; List of PDN...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.
- Opinion: Wireless Ads Excel In Style. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on the challenges faced by wireless companies in attracting the attention of its customers through advertising. Features of advertising campaigns that should be considered by wireless companies; Method that help companies attract customers.