WorkSpot Hits The Spot
- Lucky Charms Needed For Wireless? Albright, Peggy; Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on OmniSky wireless data service. Marketing campaign for the service; Costs of the service; Accesses.
- OmniSky advances initiatives. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p27
Highlights the initiatives announced by wireless electronic mail and Internet services provider OmniSky Corp. at the Internet World Wireless and FlashForward2001 conferences held in February 2001.
- Internet content opens up to wireless. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p144
Focuses on the wireless service offered by OmniSky that gives users access to content sites through Aether Systems' ScoutWeb software. Capabilities of the software; Limitation of OmniSky in offering the service; Information on IBM's WebSphere Transcoding Publisher.
- The (Omni) Sky Is The Limit. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p33
Provides information on the wireless data service through handheld computers offered by OmniSky. Information offered through the service; Challenges faced by OmniSky.
- Microsoft Nibbles On Wireless Internet. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p26
Reports on the iteration of Microsoft Corporation's MSN Mobile portal services and its deal with OmniSky Corp. to provide wireless Internet service through its Pocket PC platform. Features of the MSN Mobile service; Factor that makes up for the popularity of the service; Implication of the deal;...
- OmniSky service now on two new devices. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p36
Discloses OmniSky's plan to run its wireless service on two devices and enhance support for corporate e-mail.
- Staying in Control. Bainbridge, Heather // Wireless Review;05/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p39
Cites the decision of wireless companies in the United States to outsourced. How carriers achieve success through outsourcing; Reasons for the decision of companies to outsourced; Approach that companies should used in treating outsourcing.
- Reshaping Outsourcing. Griffith, Peter // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p3
Discusses the practice of outsourcing for peripheral non-strategic activities by wireless companies. Main problems with traditional outsourcing agencies; Recommended approach for outsourcing; Benefits of the practice.
- It begins with towers. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/06/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p130
Focuses on the outsourcing of network elements as the trend toward third generation (3G) technology in wireless communications carrier companies in the United States. Description of outsourcing; Advantages of outsourcing; Discussion on the possible effect of 3G technology on wireless...