Power To The People
- Is the smart battery a help--or a deterrent? Buchmann, Isidor // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p32
Investigates the performance of small battery on mobile communication systems in the U.S. Improvement of single wire system; Effort of the portable electronic industry; Applicability on biomedical devices and defense applications.
- 10 times the power. // Frontline Solutions;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p76
Features the custom lithium-ion battery pack designed to provide more internal power than other hand-held devices.
- POWER STRUGGLE. Sweeney, Dan // America's Network;02/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the need for innovation in battery technology to support the growth in mobile devices. Effect of demands on color screens and multimedia mobile devices; Information on lithium; Features of silver zinc batteries; Proposed alternative battery; Information on the proton exchange membrane...
- Building Better Batteries. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p29
Highlights the emergence of lithium polymer (Li-Polymer) batteries for mobile phones in the United States. Features of the batteries; How Nokia became interested in the Li-Polymer technology; Forecast on the battery technology.
- Disposable lithium battery debuts. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;8/19/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p14
Reports on the plans of CyberAds Inc. in distributing the Jump It! disposable lithium ion battery for mobile telephones in the U.S. as of August 19, 2002. Companies that introduced disposable batteries; Price of Jump It! batteries; Types of mobile telephones fit for using the Jump It! batteries.
- Research on Estimation for Lithium Battery Remaining Capacity. ZHANG He; HU Ze; LI Junlan; GE Liang // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Apr2013, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p821
Accurate estimate of the battery will help to estimate the running time of portable devices, designed to achieve a lithium battery detection system, the next bit machine ATmega128 microcontroller is used as the controller, the online real-time measurement of the remaining battery power, the host...
- USABC signs 3M for battery research. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Apr96, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p8
Reports on a contract awarded by U.S. Advanced Battery Consortium to 3M Electronics to develop lithium-polymer battery technology for electric vehicle applications. Value of the contract; Potentials of the battery's technical viability.
- BNL energizes lithium battery with 3rd patent. Kurtz, Robert // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/14/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p14A
Reports on the patent awarded to a research team of BNL for its work in developing an electrolyte that will allow for the improved lithium-ion battery. Hung Sui Lee's work on baron compounds which allow lithium to work more effectively; Popularity of lithium ion in mobile communications;...
- Battery Basics. Comas, Steven // 24x7;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p26
The article discusses the importance of battery in an increasing use of mobile technology in the healthcare management. It lists the use of battery such as preserving software configurations, alternative source of power, among others. Also listed are the make and components of batteries and how...