Nokia, Nortel Report 2Q Results
- Equipment players suffer estimate, ratings cuts. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p49
Reports on the decline in the market estimate and ratings of telecommunication equipment companies. Forecast on the profits of Nokia Corp.; Decline in the stock price of Lucent Technologies; Financial problems of Nortel Networks.
- Some 3G contracts set in sand, not stone. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the move of third-generation (3G) wireless carriers to revise their contracts. Decision of Mm02 to revise its contract with Nortel Networks and share the contract with Nokia Corp.; Discussion between Lucent Technologies Inc. and Motorola Inc. on possible changes in their contracts;...
- News Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of January 14, 2002. Purpose of lawsuit filed by Nortel Networks against Kyocera Corp.; Plan of Nokia Corp. to create a subsidiary called Vertu; Decision of the United States Department of Labor to provide a grant to several...
- OVERLY OPTIMISTIC OUTLOOKS BACK TO BITE LUCENT, NOKIA. Vittore, Vince; Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;3/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the change in the revenue projections of telecommunication companies for the first quarter of 2002. Lucent Technologies; Nokia; Nortel Networks.
- As buildout loses steam, professional services grow. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the increase in revenue of the professional services of various telecommunication companies. Motorola Inc.; Nortel Networks Ltd.; Nokia Corp.; Lucent Technologies Inc.
- Enterprises seen as unlikely sales savior. Lee, Stephen; Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;06/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p26
Reports on the lackluster financial performance of networking company Nortel Networks Corp. and bandwidth provider Level 3 Communications Incorporated. Loss posted by Nortel during the second quarter of 2001; Factor that affected the companies' chances for profitability; Prediction of analyst...
- EARNINGS SHOW SECTOR HAS BOTTOMED OUT. Weber, Toby; Bischoff, Glenn; Fitchard, Kevin; McElligott, Tim // Telephony;7/22/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 3, p6
Reports the financial performance of telecommunication companies in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2002. Nortel Networks; Sprint; TDS.
- Company Spotlight: Nortel Networks. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p16
Reports that Nortel Networks Corp., the embattled telecommunication equipment supplier, has posted its third-quarter results for 2004. Net loss of the company; Factors contributing to the financial losses; Market value of the company.
- Chunghwa hands tough in 3G contract furore. Clark, Robert K. // Telecom Asia;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the controversy over the decision of Chungwa Telecom Co. Limited to award its wireless code division multiple access contract to Nokia Corp. in Taiwan. Rejection of the cheaper bid made by Nortel Networks Co.; Complaints filed by Nortel; Response of Chungwa.