3Com Distributes Remaining Palm Shares
- 3Com spins off Palm Computing division. Cox, John // Network World;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p19
Reports on 3Com's spinoff of its Palm Computing division. Details of the corporate divestiture; Impact on Palm Computing's ability to compete with Microsoft's Windows CE operating system division. INSET: Briefs..
- Palm spinoff to focus on services, OS licensing. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p14
Reports on the spinoff of 3Com Corp.'s Palm Computing division. Focus on services and operating system licensing.
- 3Com spins off Palm Computing division. // InfoWorld;09/20/99, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p22
Unveils the plan of 3Com to spin off its Palm Computing subsidiary and take it public in 2000. Information on the subsidiary.
- 3Com splits off Palm. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;09/20/99, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p29
Focuses on the decision of 3Com Corp. to spin off its Palm Computing subsidiary into a separate, public company. Rumors that arise after the spin off; Innovations that will be supported by Palm.
- 3COM tries to solve its palm problem. Roth, Daniel // Fortune;10/11/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 7, p167
Discusses the spinoff of the Palm division from 3Com. Effect of competition from the Handspring Visor; Details of the spinoff; Comparison of the Palm Pilot and the Visor; Discussion of the effect of the spinoff on 3Com. INSET: Hearts of Palm.
- Dawn Of The Palm Economy. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;09/20/99, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p14
Focuses on the business success of 3Com Corp. and the spin off of its Palm Computing division into a separate company. Goal of the company in developing the division; Expected release of the division's initial public offering.
- Fat IPO In Palm's Hands. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p13
Deals with the plans of Palm Computing Inc. to spin off from 3Com Corp. and stage an initial public offering in 2000. Impact of Palm's plans to the shares of 3Com; Products developed by Palm; Benefits of spinning off Palm.
- Handheld battles heat up. Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Nov99, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on 3Com's September 1999 announcement of the spin off of its handheld computing division, Palm Computing, with an initial public offering planned on Nasdaq early in 2000. Percentage of shares to be traded in the United States-based stock exchange; Impetus for the move; Speculations over...
- 3Com's financial quandary. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;10/09/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p21
Reports on the problems facing 3Com Corp. in the wake of its restructuring. Financial performance in first fiscal quarter of 2000 compared with financial analysts' expectations; Comparison with Palm Computing Inc.'s stock market value; Rumors about possible buyout of 3Com. INSET: Unripe for...