Hundt Calls For Spectrum
- Hundt favors keeping spectrum cap. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on former United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt's opposition to the lifting of the spectrum cap. Hundt's crediting of the spectrum cap for the thriving of competition in the wireless communication market; Cellular industry's filing of a forbearance petition...
- Hundt adamant about gaining market-driven spectrum... Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;3/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p8
Comments on United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt's plans to campaign for a highly deregulatory market driven spectrum policy, for the telecommunications industry. Unveiling of Hundt's plans at the 1997 Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association's meeting;...
- FCC to teach old tricks to new dogs. Tanzillo, Kevin // Communications News;Jul96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p12
Discusses Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt's views on competition in the telecommunication market. Phases of commission work on local access; Implications of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 on the regulatory power of the commission; Stress of Hundt on number portability. ...
- Hundt calls for end to limits on ownership. // Hollywood Reporter;10/6/95, Vol. 339 Issue 15, p16
Reports that Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt has called on countries to end limits on foreign ownership in telecommunication. Holding of the Telecom 95 telecommunications conference.
- Phoning fury. // Business News New Jersey;06/23/97, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p2
Comments on the anger of Reed Hundt, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, over the consolidation activities sweeping through telecommunications. Opposition of Hundt over American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) Corporation's plans to merge with SBC Communications; Response of AT&T...
- Chairman eager to study digital auction. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/27/95, Vol. 125 Issue 48, p6
Reports on Federal Communications Commission chairman Reed Hundt's declaration of his interest to pursue the concept of digital spectrum auctioning. Auctions as a means of allocating spectrum; High-definition television broadcasting policy.
- Hundt denies pushing auction. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;11/6/95, Vol. 361 Issue 1, p50
Reports that United States Federal Communications Commission chairman Reed Hundt is denying assertions that he is privately encouraging members of Congress to auction off digital spectrum.
- Hundt releases agenda for FCC efforts in 1997. Wayne, Debra // RCR;1/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p6
Reports on Federal Communications Commission, Chairman Reed Hundt's 1997 agenda on the telecommunication industry, which focused on various issues in Washington D.C. Commitment to the industry; Transition of commission; Combination of 1996 Telecommunication Act and 1934 Communication policies;...
- New FCC chairman off to rocky start. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;1/10/94, Vol. 353 Issue 10, p52
Summarizes news reports on the telecommunications industry. Reed Hundt's job as chairman of Federal Communications Commission (FCC); Complaints against Hundt's performance on the job; Rollback of cable rates; Appointment to the United States Advisory Council on the National Information...