Spectrum Woes: Real Or Feigned?
- Nextel drops plans for NextWave permits. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports on Nextel Communications Inc.'s withdrawal of its plan to acquire personal communication service licenses held by NextWave Telecom Inc. Confirmation of NextWave's bankruptcy reorganization plan; Efforts of the Federal Communications Commission to stay the recovery plan of NextWave;...
- Verizon takes aim at Nextel with PTT launch. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the move of Verizon Wireless in August 2003 to introduce its anticipated Push to Talk wireless communication service which is expected to supply the first competition for Nextel Communications Incorporated's Direct Connect service. Technological features of the service; Benefits of...
- Nextel, Verizon, Telus stay on top. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51/52, p12
Reports on the ranking of Verizon Wireless and Nextel Communications Inc. in the wireless carriers ranking of N. Moore Capital Ltd. for the third quarter of 2003. Basis of the rankings; Top ten providers in the ranking; Breakdown of the points acquired in metric categories.
- Nextel Online Two-Way messaging service launched. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p14
Reports the launching of the Nextel Online Two-Way messaging service of Nextel Communications Inc. in Reston, Virginia. Features of the two-way messaging service; Recommended service fee; Introduction of the company's wireless Internet service.
- Guarding Nextel's niche. Chen, Christine Y. // Fortune;9/29/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p133
Major blackouts can be major headaches for people, but for Nextel Communications such problems mean opportunity. Long the mobile service of choice for construction workers and cabbies, who rely on Nextel's Direct Connect--a walkie-talkie service that allows immediate contact among multiple...
- Alltel PTT performance closes in on Nextel. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p14
Compares the performance of the Touch2Talk service of Alltel Corp. and the Direct Connect walkie-talkie service of Nextel Communications Inc., the push-to-talk (PTT) offerings of telecommunication companies in the U.S. Comparison of PTT performance with the voice over Internet Protocol...
- ARPU Defies The Odds, Continues Upward Climb. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p29
Focuses on the ARPU trend in telecommunication sector in the United States during the second quarter of 2000. Gain of Nextel Communications from ARPU during the period; Best indicator of carrier ARPU differences; Factor that affects ARPU; Predictions regarding ARPU.
- Nextel: The little upstart that could. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p14
Provides information on Nextel Communications Inc. Approach adopted to the telecommunication industry; Background on the establishment of the company; Relationship with Motorola Inc.; Investment of wireless luminary Craig McGraw in the company.
- Nextel announces new services. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p21
Informs on United States-based telecom firm Nextel Communications Inc.'s several announcements regarding new content and services now available to its Nextel Online customers.