- Alteon to offer multispeed Ethernet switch. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;02/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Presents information on the announcement of a switch by Alteon Networks Incorporated. Uses of the switch; Features of the switch; Price of the switch; Comments from Lee Damon, an engineer who runs Qualcomm's test lab.
- AceDirector 3 reduces hardware needs. Pace, Mark // InfoWorld;04/03/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p74
Evaluates the AceDirector 3 With Web OS 6.1 network switch of Alteon WebSystems Inc. Features of the switch; Benefit offered by the switch; Design of the switch.
- Nortel snaps up Alteon for 'Net switching gear. Duffy, Jim; Jacobs, April // Network World;07/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p1
Reports on Nortel Networks' plans to buy Web switching market leader Alteon WebSystems. Value of the transaction; Reactions of observers to Nortel's plans to combine Alteon's switches with Nortel's optical network products and other gear.
- Alteon centralizes traffic control. Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;07/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p52
Evaluates the telecommunication routing switch AceDirector 2 manufactured by Alteon Networks Inc. Capabilities; Recommended retail price; Design specification.
- Bosch deal sign of the times. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the significance of Motorola and Cisco Systems' acquisition of the faxed wireless assets of Bosch Telecom to medium-sized telecommunication manufacturers. Shift of the industry's acquisition activity towards medium-sized companies, according to Dean Eyers, vice president of...
- Wireless Data Becomes A Three-Way Contest. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;02/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, pI-6
Focuses on the move of Cisco Systems Inc. to align itself with Motorola in a wireless data initiative that attract attention among wireless data companies. How Northern Telecom consider the entry of Cisco in the wireless telecommunication industry; Standard considered by Ericsson and Nokia that...
- Alteon speeds up Web boxes. Jacobs, April // Network World;03/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
Introduces Virtual Matrix Architecture (VMA), a software that will allow firms running high-volume Web sites to upgrade their Alteon Websystems switches. Single-port access to 18 processors; Backwards and forwards compatibility with all stackable Alteon Web switches.
- Alteon WebSystems debuts bandwith mgmt. Jacobs, April // Network World;05/08/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p10
Reports on Alteon WebSystems' plan to introduce the switch software module, Alteon's Web OS 8.0 at the NetWorld+Interop Computer Trade Show 2000. Capabilities of the software; Features of Alteon's product; Other products that will be introduced by Alteon.
- FastBreaks. // Inter@ctive Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p16
Presents update on the telecommunications industry in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Worth of the acquisition deal between Nortel Networks and Alteon WebSystems; List of electronic retailers levied by the Federal Trade Commission; Stock price trading of fiber-optics company, Corvis.