Phone.com Goes Beyond WAP
- Phone.com offers 4.0 beta version of development kit. // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p2
Introduces Phone.com Inc.'s UP.SDK 4.0 software development kit for the wireless developer community.
- Motorola phones to incorporate Phone.com microbrowser. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p4
Reports on Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) pioneer Phone.com Inc.'s introduction of a WAP 1.1 compliant UP.Link Server. Phone.com's signing of a major strategic agreement with Motorola Inc. for both its server and microbrowser products; Opportunity for Phone.com to broaden its distribution...
- Paging/Messaging. // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p26
Provides updates on the paging industry in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Acquisition deal between Phone.com Inc. and @Motion Inc.; Mechanics of the `Everywhere' shopping service of AltaVista Shopping.com for users of the Palm VII device.
- Motorola Extends Phone.com Agreement. // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p34
Reports on the extension of the licensing and distribution agreement between Motorola Inc. and Phone.com Inc. Key to the success of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) 1.1-compliant gateway technology by Motorola; Advantage of the strategic relations.
- Phone.com adds voice-recognition service with @Motion buy. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p10
Reports on Phone.com Inc.'s signing of an agreement to acquire voice portal technology provider @Motion Inc. Acquisition price; Phone.com's plan to integrate @Motion's Internet voice portal to add voice-recognition services to its MyPhone Wireless Application Protocol Internet portal service.
- How Phone.com became a monopoly. Yang, Dori Jones // U.S. News & World Report;06/12/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 23, p43
Focuses on Alain Rossman and his Internet company Phone.com. Technology that allows wireless phones to connect to the Internet; Success of the company which resulted from the free dispersal of the browser; Stock activity of the company; Threats to the company, including the competition from the...
- Vendors Soar Through Public Offerings. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p18
Reports on the initial public offering of Phone.com in 1999. Reasons for companies to be interested in wireless equipment stocks; Remarks from analysts about the number of opportunities for investors who want to get into wireless Internet; Other wireless companies that gained from rising stock...
- Phone.com details framework deal with British Telecom. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p27
Details Phone.com Inc.'s framework deal with British Telecom PLC. Company background; Terms of the deal; Company's outlook for its application service provider model; Licensing deals.
- Pop! There Goes The Stock Balloon. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p19
Focuses on the condition of wireless stock prices in the United States as of April 24, 2000. Stock price of Phone.com; Business strategy of Point.com; Analysis of the high-yield bond market.