'Tear Down This Wall'
- Under the microscope. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p50
Deals with the efforts to block the bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom (DT) for VoiceStream Wireless of the United States (U.S.). Bill introduced to remove the ability of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to waive a statute that prohibits U.S. telecommunications licenses; Percentage of...
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- Clearing The High Hurdles. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Deals with regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States (U.S.) telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Deutsche Telekom AG. Opposition of the European Union on a proposed U.S. legislation which will block the merger plans; Reasons behind the concerns of...
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Merger Final. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom AG. Companies that reported gains as the result of the merger; Reason for the opposition to the merger in the United States.
- EU warns U.S. not to stop VoiceStream-DT deal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p15
Reports that the European Union has warned the United States not to block Deutsche Telekom AG's planned purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- VoiceStream Reports Final Financials. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. with Deutsche Telecom company of Germany in May 2001. Terms of the merger deal; Significance of the merger to VoiceStream. INSET: BigTalk From CTIA WirelessAgenda.
- Labor, business approve of DT wireless purchase. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the support given by labor and the business sector to the plans of Deutsche Telekom AG to purchase VoiceStream Wireless Corp.