'Tear Down This Wall'
- Under the microscope. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p50
Deals with the efforts to block the bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom (DT) for VoiceStream Wireless of the United States (U.S.). Bill introduced to remove the ability of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to waive a statute that prohibits U.S. telecommunications licenses; Percentage of...
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Merger Final. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom AG. Companies that reported gains as the result of the merger; Reason for the opposition to the merger in the United States.
- EU warns U.S. not to stop VoiceStream-DT deal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p15
Reports that the European Union has warned the United States not to block Deutsche Telekom AG's planned purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- VoiceStream Reports Final Financials. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. with Deutsche Telecom company of Germany in May 2001. Terms of the merger deal; Significance of the merger to VoiceStream. INSET: BigTalk From CTIA WirelessAgenda.
- Labor, business approve of DT wireless purchase. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the support given by labor and the business sector to the plans of Deutsche Telekom AG to purchase VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- VoiceStream Optimism Overshadows Losses. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p3
Reports the advantages of VoiceStream Wireless Corporation's merger with Deutsche Telekom. Opinion of VoiceStream chairman John Stanton on the merger; Details on the weak business performance of VoiceStream; Terms of the merger agreement.
- GSM puzzle almost complete. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of Deutsche Telecom/VoiceStream Wireless to acquire Powertel. Purpose of the move; Implication of the acquisition; Reactions from analysts about the move.