WAPster Rap: Get Out Word
- Where Are the Phones? Chaffee, Maggie // Wireless Review;08/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, Special section p22
Deals with the upcoming release of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)-compliant telephones. Time frame set by Scott Goldman, chief executive officer of the WAP Forum on the release of WAP-compliant phones; WAP certification test to determine if a phone is WAP-compliant; Mechanics of a WAP...
- View From The Top. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p30
Profiles Scott Goldman, chief executive officer of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum. Business achievements; Contributions to the growth of the WAP Forum; Comments on the shortage of WAP handsets.
- WAP Gains Ground. // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p38
Deals with the growth of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) market. Comments from WAP Forum chief executive officer Scott Goldman; Factors that influenced the growth.
- WAP Forum Finds Promoter. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p1
Deals with the promotion of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), a standard for microbrowsers that enable smart phones to make voice calls and access the Internet. Appointment of WAP Forum Chief Executive Officer Scott Goldman; Overview of the WAP Forum.
- Goldman to head WAP Forum. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p49
Informs that the Wireless Application Protocol Forum appointed Scott Goldman to the created position of chief executive officer.
- No Apologies. Wickman, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;08/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, Special section p6
Presents the views of Scott Goldman, chief executive of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum, on the problems faced by the wireless communication standard. Intellectual property rights issues in line with WAP; Comments by Goldman on the rumored demise of WAP; Why WAP consumers do not...
- Who owns customers? Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;8/13/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p50
Deals with the issue of gateways in the information technology market. Why the Royal Bank of Canada only uses the Palm OS; Reason for the reluctance of telecommunication carriers to give up gateways; Views of Scott Goldman, chief executive officer of WAP Forum on gateways.
- WAP Forum Appoints Scott Goldman As CEO. // Computer Protocols;Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p2
Reports that the Wireless Application Protocol Forum has appointed Scott Goldman as its chief executive officer.
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;04/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p12
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the United States as of April 15, 2001. Ownership of Meteor by Western Wireless; Resignation of Scott Goldman from WAP Forum.