Clearing The High Hurdles
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- 'Tear Down This Wall' Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p4
Comments on the regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and foreign company, Deutsche Telekom AG. Provisions of the proposed legislation at the Congress about foreign investments on the telecommunication industry;...
- EU warns U.S. not to stop VoiceStream-DT deal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p15
Reports that the European Union has warned the United States not to block Deutsche Telekom AG's planned purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- Labor, business approve of DT wireless purchase. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the support given by labor and the business sector to the plans of Deutsche Telekom AG to purchase VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- VoiceStream Optimism Overshadows Losses. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p3
Reports the advantages of VoiceStream Wireless Corporation's merger with Deutsche Telekom. Opinion of VoiceStream chairman John Stanton on the merger; Details on the weak business performance of VoiceStream; Terms of the merger agreement.
- GSM puzzle almost complete. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of Deutsche Telecom/VoiceStream Wireless to acquire Powertel. Purpose of the move; Implication of the acquisition; Reactions from analysts about the move.
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Merger Final. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom AG. Companies that reported gains as the result of the merger; Reason for the opposition to the merger in the United States.