GSM: The Main Event
- VoiceStream Surveys The Wild, Wild West. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p34
Explores the growth of VoiceStream Wireless, a global system for mobile communications carrier based in Bellevue, Washington. Value of its merger with Deutsche Telekom; Revenue in the third quarter of year 2000; Agreement of VoiceStream with Cook Inlet; Partnership of VoiceStream with Samsung...
- Deutsch Telekom buying spree boosts GSM. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;09/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p8
Reports the acquisition of Powertel company by VoiceStream Wireless which was backed by Deutsche Telekom. Implication of the acquisition to the United States wireless communication standard; Benefit offered by the acquisition on the global systems for mobile communications (GSM) technology; How...
- Whispering Sweet Nothings? McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the rumor that VoiceStream Wireless Corp., a subsidiary of German telecommunication company, Deutsche Telekom, was negotiating a mega-merger with AT&T Wireless. View of analysts on the merger; Reason Senator Ernest Hollings, D-S.C., opposes the plan of Deutsche Telekom to buy...
- DT justifies price for VoiceStream. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p36
Reports on efforts of Deutsche Telekom AG to justify the price it paid for VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- Nortel Nabs VoiceStream Contract. // Wireless Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p26
Reports on the partnership between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and the Nortel company for next generation global system for mobile upgrades. Coverage of the partnership contract; Previous partnership of the two companies.
- VoiceStream launches in Washington. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p9
Reports on VoiceStream Wireless Inc.'s launching of its Global System for Mobile Communications-based personal communication services in Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C.
- Deutsche Telekom makes U.S. move. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the agreement of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to pay for VoiceStream Wireless company in the United States. Expectation of analysts on the acquisition deal; Comments by DT Chairman Ron Sommer on the deal; Speculation about DT.
- Opportunity found. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the proposal of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to fund the expansion of VoiceStream Wireless company. Why VoiceStream wireless accepted the offer of DT; Benefits of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless and DT; Statement on the interest of DT in VoiceStream issued by Andrew Cole, senior vice...
- GAO finds security oversight lax. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p1
Cites a report of the United States General Accounting Office on the investigation of the purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom AG.