- WCDMA hits North America. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;12/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p16
Discloses that North American GSM players will test third generation services in Montreal, Quebec in 1999 using Microcell Telecommunications Inc.'s network. Capabilities of the wideband code division multiple access network; Terms of the agreement among GSM Alliance members; Challenges in...
- Microcell's phase one PCS network completed. Lurie, George // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p27
Reports that the first phase of deployment of its personal telecommunications services (PCS) across Canada has been completed in less than one year by Microcell Telecommunications Incorporated. Estimated number of Canadians who have access tp PCS; Comments from Andre Tremblay, chief executive...
- Another Canadian deal well-received. // High Yield Report;10/13/97, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p10
Focuses on the sale of $250 million in Canadian denominated bonds by Microcell Telecommunictions Incorporated through Merrill Lynch and Nesbitt Burns Securities. Description of the issue; Who assigned the ratings on the deal.
- Microcell enters roaming contracts. // RCR;06/02/97, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p42
Reports on the agreements signed between Microcell Telecommunications Incorporated and European operators and the announcement that its Fido personal communications services network will be active in Toronto. Names of the companies that signed the agreement; Information on Fido.
- Microcell files for IPO approval. // RCR;08/18/97, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p40
Reports that Microcell Telecommunications Incorporated filed a preliminary prospectus with securities regulatory authorities each province of Canada and registration statement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Services Microcell provides; Who will be joint global...
- Canadian PCS carrier Microcell plans October public offering. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p13
Announces plans of Microcell Telecommunications Incorporated to go public in October 1997 with a initial public offering of about 14.7 million nonvoting shares of Class B common stock. Reference to Microcell launching its Fido brand of service in the Montreal, Canada area in December 1996; Where...
- Microcell Telecom's initial stock offering sells at high-end price. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;10/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p34
States that Microcell Telecomunications Incorporated, a Montreal based personal communications services provider, went public with an initial offering of 14.7 million nonvoting shares of Class B common stock. Amount Microcell granted the underwriters to purchase additional shares at the IPO...
- Microcell sells notes. Money, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p36
Reports that Microcell Telecommunications Inc. has sold a $150 million issue of ten-year senior discount notes to help fund its capital requirements. Coverage of the company in Canada; Anticipated subscriber growth.
- Secured Lenders approve Microcell recapitalization. // RCR Wireless News;12/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51/52, p26
Reports on the agreement of the secured lenders of Microcell Telecommunications Inc. on the terms of a recapitalization plan for the struggling Canadian company in 2003. Percentage of the company's holders who were in favor of the plan; Information on Microcell.