The Evolution Of Web2Mobile
- Touchdown for public access WLANs. Davies, Wynne // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p20
Examines the impact of the availability of high-speed networks on mobile Internet adoption in Europe. Services offered by third-generation technology or universal mobile telecommunications system; Potential of enhanced data rates for evolution of global system for mobile communication;...
- Great Expectations. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Apr2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p4
Questions whether mobile Internet service will survive the hype in the United States. Consumers' high expectations for access to wireless Internet service; Development of wireless application protocol (WAP) phones and WAP services; Use of the telephone as a micro-cash machine or credit/debit card.
- Metricom to deliver Ricochet to Aether corporate customers. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on Metricom Inc.'s plan to deliver its Ricochet high-speed mobile Internet access technology to Aether Systems Inc.'s corporate customers in the United States.
- QUICK BITS... // Micro Mart;3/20/2014, Issue 1303, p32
The article reports developments in the global Internet sector as of March 2014, including the forecast by a University of Bristol professor in England that more than seven trillion devices will be connected to the mobile network worldwide by 2020.
- Japan mobile Internet users pass 20 million. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;11/27/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p46A
Reports on the status of Japan's mobile Internet market as of October 2000, according to data released by the Telecommunications Carriers Association. Increase in the number of subscribers to mobile Internet and overall cellular markets; Indication of the increased number of subscribers to NTT...
- Slowly does it. Bright, Julian // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2003, p52
Discusses the benefits of using Web services in the telecommunication industry. Role of Web services in providing revolution for the way mobile users interact with corporate and consumer applications; Use of Web services by service providers in exploiting opportunities for mobile technologies;...
- High prices and low demand stall mobile Internet. Adshead, Antony // Computer Weekly;6/27/2002, p12
Focuses on the factors affecting the progress of mobile Internet in Great Britain. Effect of high prices on demand; Capabilities of handsets; Benefits of third generation mobile services.
- Motorola Inc. Evans, Natalie // Crain's Chicago Business;03/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on Schaumburg, Illinois-based Motorola Inc.'s plan to promote WWW:MMM, for World Wide Web Mobile Media Mode, to denote areas on the Internet designed for access by mobile phones and hand-held computers. Motorola's partners in the deal.
- Mobile portals: a marketing conflict. Parsons, Ross // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p80
Provides an overview on the competition in the mobile portal marketing in Europe. Accusation against the BT Cellnet of misleading the public with its 'surf the mobile Internet' tag lines; Portal offerings for operators; Campaign strategy of Vizzavi.