Curing Subterranean Blues
- Ready to land. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;4/21/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p11
In the near future, travelers in at least part of Detroit Metropolitan Airport will be able to log onto wireless high-speed Internet access as they're waiting at the gates for their flights. Springfield, Massachusetts-based Concourse Communications Group L.L.C. has an airport contract that...
- SpectraSite sells Concourse interest. // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p34
Reports on the sale of the stake of wireless tower operator SpectraSite Holdings Inc. in Concourse Communications Group LLC. in the U.S. Reason for the sale.
- Concourse aims to improve airport networks. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p28
Reports on Concourse Communications Group LLC's strategic alliance with LGC Wireless to build and install wireless voice and data networks in major airports in the United States.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p13
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of December 15, 2003. Contract awarded by First Cellular to Ericsson; Test of the EDGE solution of Motorola's Global Telecom Solutions Sector within the global system for mobile communication network of Orange Romania; Agreements...
- CONCOURSE EXPERIENCES DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH IN WI-FI USAGE. // Tele-Service News;Jun2004, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the increase in the usage of the airport wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) networks of telecommunications company Chicago, Illinois-based Concourse Communications during the first quarter of 2004. Monthly growth rates in user sessions; Expectation of Concourse CEO Joseph Beatty on the user...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;10/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p12
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the U.S. as of October 1, 2003. Increase in the total user sessions of Concourse Communication for its airport Wireless Fidelity networks in August over July; Growth of the MicroBurst network subscriber base of Aeris.net; Launch of...
- Cingular signs Wi-Fi roaming pacts with Concourse, Wayport. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the deals made by Cingular Wireless LLC to expand wireless fidelity roaming at airports and hotels in the U.S. Benefits of the agreement with Concourse Communications Group to give subscribers wireless fidelity access to the Internet at airports; Other roaming agreement entered by...
- Project to install WTC network a 'lost cause.' Abelson, Jenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/14/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the installation of a wireless network in the World Trade Center by Concourse Communications Group in New York. Use of fiber optic cable network at a subsidiary's office; Inclusion of long-distance video and high-speed Internet access in the towers; Integration of wireless service...
- Concourse wires World Trade Center. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/04/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p1A
Reports the deal of Concourse Communications Group with the World Trade Center (WTC) in Long Island, New York. Installation of wireless phone network throughout Twin Towers; Plans of WTC for wired and wireless services; Construction of the fiber network with telecommunication network operator BRAM.