- Telemac, Topp settle litigation. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p35
Reports the settlement of the patent litigation between Telemac Corp. and Topp Telecom Inc. in Los Angeles, California.
- Prepaid providers go to court over patent infringement. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p7
Reports that a lawsuit has been filed against Topp Telecom Incorporated of Miami, Florida, by Telemac Corporation, charging the company with patent and trademark infringement. Plans of E.J. Pollak, Topp president and chief executive officer; Indication that Topp denied all material allegations;...
- Telemac, Topp Spar Over Patents. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p3
Reports the defeat of Telemac Corp. on its patent infringement lawsuit against Topp Telecom Inc. as ruled by the District Court for the Northern District of California. Background of the lawsuit; Projections on prepaid technology in the United States; Statement from Telemac Chairman and Chief...
- Topp, Telemac quibble over patent dispute ruling. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p25
Reports that wireless prepaid phone providers Telemac and Topp Telecom Inc. are both declaring victory after the United States District of California ruled on a patent dispute between them. Agreement that Topp's TRACFONE does not violate Telemac's patent for Telemac Rental Accounting Cellular...
- Topp Telecom files patent lawsuit. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p23
Announces Topp Telecom Inc.'s decision to file a patent infringement lawsuit in the United States District Court in Miami, Florida, against Telemarc Corp., U.S. Intelicom Inc. and PrePaid Solutions Inc.
- Out of court settlements. Nathan, Bruce // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on the issue of out of court settlements. Information on the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of settlement; Detailed information on the mechanics of this kind of settlement; Indepth look at the use of Chapter 11 to bind recalcitrant non-accepting creditors.
- Landmark voluntary mediation program for Lanham Act cases... Rzonca, Lynn // Corporate Legal Times;Apr97, Vol. 7 Issue 65, p50
Reports that all Lanham Act cases filed in the Northern District of Illinois are eligible for a court-annexed mediation program, effective January 6th, 1997. How the program works; Requirements of the mediation program; How persons can become mediators; Number of mediators.
- The justification of `justice': Legal practitioners' accounts of negotiated case settlements in... Mulcahy, Aogan // British Journal of Criminology;Autumn94, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p411
Examines legal practitioners' justification of their participation in plea negotiations. Deception, coercion and unethical practices in plea negotiations as a means of case disposition; Predictability of negotiated settlements; Linkage of disposition with the facts of a case; Necessity of...
- Settlement strategy: Alone or as group? Schachner, Michael // Business Insurance;10/9/95, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p2
Reports on the settlement strategies of two medical claims cases. Deadline for settlement by three defendant companies in the consolidated breast implant litigation; Trust fund for victims of A.H. Robins Co.'s Dalkon Shield device.