700 MHz: Further Delay Looms
- Wireless would have to meet strict data guides in USF bill. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p4
The article provides information on the Universal Service Reform Act of 2005 sponsored by Representatives Lee Terry (R-Neb.) and Rick Boucher (D-Va.) in the U.S. The objective of the bill is to expand the base of contributors to the universal-service fund by requiring provider that offers voice...
- Bids top $1B in Dutch UMTS auction. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p37
Focuses on the auction of the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System in Hague, Netherlands. Details on the total amount of licenses sold; List of wireless communications companies participating in the bidding; Account on the granting of license A to KPN Mobile and British...
- Re-auction winners make plans for new spectrum. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the plans of wireless operators in the United States for the additional 1.9 GHz spectrum licenses auctioned in January 2001.
- Boucher Targets Spectrum Sales. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p24
The article reports on the move of Virginia Democratic Representative Rick Boucher and Florida Republican Representative Cliff Stearns to introduce the Voluntary Incentive Auctions Act of 2010 that will allow the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to conduct the auction and determine the...
- Legislation about the electronic superhighway is moving so fast, it might leave public utilities... McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p47
Reports on US Representative Rick Boucher's assertion on the possible postponement of his plan to introduce amendment to US House telecommunications legislation due to procedural problems. Requirements of planned amendment to utilities.
- Auctions before beauty for UK BWA licences. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p12
Announces an auction of three 28GHz licenses for fixed broadband wireless access (BWA) in each of the 14 regions of Great Britain. Format to be used as basis for the auction; Estimated total worth of the licenses; Distinction of the BWA license from those for mobile operators; Means for ...
- 3G key to coffers. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/21/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 8, p7
Comments on the potential payoff of third generation (3G) wireless license auctions for the United States (U.S.) government. Estimated value of a wireless license auction in the country; Problem of 3G wireless in the U.S.; Spectrum considered most appropriate for 3G wireless communication use.
- Taiwan's 3G auction under way. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the availability of third generation wireless technology license auction from Taiwan as of January 2002. Range of minimum bids; List of companies interested in the license auction; Percentage of the mobile penetration rate of Taiwan.
- One bidder leaves 700 MHz auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p8
Presents updates on the auction for 700 Megahertz (MHz) C- and D- block licenses in the U.S. as of September 9, 2002. Status of Aloha Partners as a bidder; Information on a bill passed by the U.S. Congress related to the auction of the 700 MHz band licenses; Availability of the 700 MHz spectrum.