- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p30
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication system in the United States. Supply deal between AirGate PCS and Lucent Technologies; Test on multiple vendor wireless network by Sprint PCS.
- AT&T Wireless offers glimpse into nationwide EDGE. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p18
Reports on the plan of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to launch its EDGE services nationwide by the end of 2003. Statement issued by Liz Makofsky, senior product manager at AT&T; Significance of the enhanced data-rates for GSM evolution services to the company; Involvement of Lucent Technologies...
- News Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p20
Presents news items on the activities of wireless telecommunication companies worldwide, including Deutsche Telekom AG, Lucent Technologies Inc., and AT&T Wireless Services Inc.
- AT&T Wireless Moves to 3G. Mason, John F. // Electronic News;12/11/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 50, p16
Reports on the letters of intent signed by AT&T Wireless Services with Ericsson, Lucent Technologies, Nokia and Nortel Networks to develop and install the first third generation (3G) wireless infrastructure in the United States. Terms of the deal; Equipment to be supplied by Ericsson; Type of...
- Lucent, AT&T enter $1B equipment agreement. // RCR;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p29
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. has signed a four-year agreement with AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to provide equipment and services for the Time Division Multiple Access DigitalPCS network buildout. Commitment of Lucent to Enhanced Data for Global Evolution technology.
- Location services creep into being. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the possibility that location-based services would integrate in the U.S. wireless industry in 2004. Location information service offering of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Launch of the CDMA2000 1x EV-DO from Verizon Wireless; Development of a computer software solution from Lucent...
- AT&T, InfoSpace cooperate on promotions delivery. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p20
Reports the plan of InfoSpace Inc. and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to develop and market the delivery of promotions and discounts to AT&T Digital PocketNet wireless Internet service customers in Bellevue, Washington.
- Carriers weigh SMS interoperability. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;6/18/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 25, p78
Deals with a two-way short message service (SMS) technology developed by mobile Internet solutions provider Infospace that would enable text messaging interoperability across all wireless network systems in the United States (U.S.). Information on other companies that launched two-way SMS...
- Nation's Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;11/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p13
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunications industry in the U.S. as of November 8, 2004. Intention of mobile-phone industry lawyers to ask a Washington, D.C. court to dismiss brain-cancer suits on federal preemption grounds; Acquisition of Napster To Go mobile music subscription...