Deutsche Telekom Eyes U.S. Carrier
- Deutsche Telekom makes U.S. move. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the agreement of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to pay for VoiceStream Wireless company in the United States. Expectation of analysts on the acquisition deal; Comments by DT Chairman Ron Sommer on the deal; Speculation about DT.
- Opportunity found. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the proposal of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to fund the expansion of VoiceStream Wireless company. Why VoiceStream wireless accepted the offer of DT; Benefits of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless and DT; Statement on the interest of DT in VoiceStream issued by Andrew Cole, senior vice...
- GAO finds security oversight lax. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p1
Cites a report of the United States General Accounting Office on the investigation of the purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Stanton, Sommer speak to integration issues. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the views of Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association chairman Jon Stanton on the merger between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom AG. Expected approval from the Federal Communications Commission; Insight on the merger by Deutsche Telekom chief executive Ron...
- VoiceStream maintains merger confidence as stocks drop. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p26
Announces VoiceStream Wireless Corp.'s reiteration of its confidence in its merger with German operator Deutsche Telekom despite the drop in the firm.
- Win some, lose some. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;10/16/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 16, p30
Reports on the decline in Deutsche Telekom's stock as of October 2000. Results of legislative efforts to block the company's merger with VoiceStream Wireless; Implications of the decline in stocks on the company's deal with VoiceStream Wireless; Causes of the decline; Agreement of the German...
- DT's VoiceStream Bid Faces Many Hurdles. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p18
Deals with the hurdles facing the acquisition bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG on United States (U.S.) telecommunication carrier, VoiceStream Wireless Incorporated. Statutes of the United States foreign ownership law; Concerns of U.S. legislators over the deal; Value of the acquisition deal.
- DT-VoiceStream price up for renegotiation. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
Reports the delay in the purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom AG in the United States. Renegotiation for the acquisition price; Value of the deal; Readiness of the US Securities and Exchange Commission to grant approval of the acquisition.
- DT Delays Deal To Merge. // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom in the United States. Value of the deal; Expected completion of the merger.