Medford Meets The Wireless Internet
- U.S. Cellular Spans America. // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p34
Reports on U.S Cellular's plan that provides wireless phone use anywhere in the United States without long-distance or roaming charges. Options of customers; What all packages includes.
- U.S. Cellular. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p19
Focuses on wireless communication carrier U.S. Cellular. Number of subscribers as of December 2001; Number of regions in the United States which the company services; Number of employees.
- U.S. Cellular offering latest technology. Marino, Frank // New Hampshire Business Review;08/13/99, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p31
Reports on the launch by U.S. Cellular of its Digital PCS Messaging Suite that integrates novel wireless messaging technology. Product features; Contact information.
- U.S. Cellular launches in hometown Chicago. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p13
Reports on the launch of wireless services by U.S. Cellular Corp. in Chicago, Illinois as of November 18, 2002. Services and products included in the launch; Advantage of the move to the company; Actions taken by the company to prepare for the launch.
- Illuminet/U.S. cellular complete number portability trial. // RBOC Update;Nov99, p1
Reports on the results of Number Portability (NP) trials conducted by Olympia, Washington-based Illuminet Inc. in cooperation with Chicago, Illinois-based wireless carrier US Cellular Corp. Significance of the Illuminet-US Cellular test; System of operation of Illuminet's NP service; Background...
- Of tires and telecom. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;03/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p65
Focuses on the views of John Rooney, president of U.S. Cellular, on the deployment of wireless data services. Rooney's career background; Reason for his reluctance to launch the company's data service; Information on U.S. Cellular's fourth quarter results for the year 2000.
- Talkin' About Generation Y. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;10/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p54
Examines how wireless communication is marketed to teenagers and young adults in the United States. Significance of the teen and young-adult market segment to wireless providers; Preferences of young consumers; Details on the marketing strategy of U.S. Cellular.
- U.S. Cellular offers community program. // RCR;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p4
Reports on US Cellular's introduction of the Community Action Life Line program in Mason City, Iowa, a national community policing program that provides wireless telephones to people who work around the neighborhood.
- In-Building Intricacies. // Wireless Review;7/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p40
Deals with the views of three wireless service providers on the usage of wireless communication devices from inside a building. VoiceStream Wireless; U.S. Cellular; Verizon Wireless. INSET: Inside Information.