Filling In The Footprint
- Wireless Dealers To See Gains From SBC, BellSouth Merger. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/23/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p29
Reports that BellSouth and SBC Communications have merged their ten semiautonomous wireless-voice brands in the United States into a jointly owned company, called Cingular Wireless. Total number of wireless phone subscribers; Rate plans offered; Benefits of the merger for both companies.
- 6 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p34
The article provides information on an event in the history of the telecommunication industry. In 2000, BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications announced plans to create a wireless joint venture that would later become Cingular Wireless. The plans positioned the joint venture as the...
- SBC/BellSouth venture hits speed bump. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p23
Reports on the impact of the objection of small Michigan-based cellular phone operator on the progress of the efforts of the joint venture between BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. to create the sixth nationwide wireless carrier.
- Bells Marry Wireless Assets. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the merger of the wireless telephone businesses of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. Impact of the merger; Joint venture between Bell Atlantic and Vodafone; Terms under the merger deal.
- DEPT. OF JUSTICE CLEARS BELLSOUTH/SBC WIRELESS JOINT VENTURE. // RBOC Update;Oct2000, p4
Reports the clearance of the joint venture of SBC Communications Inc. and Bellsouth Corporation by the United States Department of Justice. Integration of domestic wireless operations for the creation of a national wireless company; Views on the approval of the plan; Profile of SBC...
- DOJ requires SBC-BellSouth divestiture. // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p21
Focuses on the condition of the Justice Department for SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. to divest a number of their wireless licenses nationwide for their joint venture.
- BellSouth-SBC Puts Out the Call. Siebert, T.W. // Adweek Southeast Edition;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p3
Reports that eight advertising agencies were contacted for review for the wireless joint venture between SBC Communications and BellSouth. List of the agencies contacted by Wanamaker, the consultancy firm that conducts the review; Why DDB and Campbell-Ewald declined to participate; Reasons for...
- One Name, One Company. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on Cingular Wireless, the joint venture company of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications. Significance of the company to BellSouth; Details on the branding and advertising of the company.
- Earnings Reflect Healthy BellSouth-SBC Venture. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p18
Reports on the progress of telecommunication companies, BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. in the third quarter of 2000. Joint venture of the companies; Companies' gains in the international wireless market; Reason for the surge in the companies' subscribers.