Negotiating The Labyrinth
- Google stops censoring in China. Romm, Tony // Hill;3/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the move by Google Inc. to stop censoring the search results of its Chinese users.
- best of the blogs. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week;4/7/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on the author's insights on the launch of Google Inc.'s +1 services which brings social search to the web.
- Unlaunched Site Making Digerati Google-Eyed. Mand, Adrienne // Brandweek;07/12/99, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p30
Reports on the development of the Google Web search engine from Google company in Palo Alto, California. Advertising format of the google.com site; Funding of the company; Plans for promoting the search engine.
- Unlaunched site making digerati google-eyed. Mand, Adrienne // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/12/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p42
Focuses on Google, the search engine which is gaining popularity even if its google.com site has not yet come out of its beta test pending the completion of its major components. Users' feedback on the absence of banners; Hiring of a vice president to manager marketing and promotions; Funding...
- GAGA OVER GOOGLE. Guglielmo, Connie; Babcock, Charles // Interactive Week;11/6/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p42
Presents information on the Web search engine of Google company. Why companies do not invest in search engines; Quality to consider when evaluating search engines.
- Google Instant's 'Blue Arrow' Could See Clicks Stolen From Natural Results. Browne, Owen // Software World;Nov2010, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p24
The article offers information on the keyboard navigation feature for Google Instant from Google Inc., in which a blue arrow is located at Google Instant's search engine results pages (SERPs) to allow users to navigate with their keyboards.
- Google flies the flag for word-of-mouth marketing. Devaney, Polly // Marketing Week;5/29/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p33
Provides insights into the success of Internet search engine Google despite the use of minimal advertising. Growth of Google Inc. since its inception in 1988; Factors attributed to the success and power of Google; Strategy used in choosing advertisements the search engine will carry.
- Solid search functionality begins with your own site. Costa, Thierry // Direct Marketing News;May2011 Supplement, p10
The article offers the author's insights on the usability improvement of site search engines, which cites Google Inc.'s Instant Previews that allows users to preview a page directly from the search results.
- Google Slices & Dices The Web Simply. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p50
Features search engine company, Google. Venture firms that provided funding for Google; How Google's PageRank technology works; How the importance of Web pages is measured at Google.