AIME Streams Into Autos
- Disruption-Free VoIP Migration. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p23
Reports that Telus National Systems has helped the City of St. Hyacinthe, Quebec and key city offices to take advantage of the rich key features of a Voice over Internet Protocol network, while simultaneously maintaining their analog legacy phone system. Nortel and Telus' employment of Quintum...
- CELLULAR/PCS. // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p28
Presents news updates on the telecommunication industry in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Acquisition of Motorola Cellular Service Inc. by traq-wireless; Test conducted on third-generation wireless technology by Telus Mobility and Nortel.
- Global Wireless. // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p14
Presents news briefs on the wireless industry in Europe and Canada as of January 24, 2005. Information on a contract between L.M. Ericsson and Romanian wireless operator Connex; Selection of Nortel Networks Ltd. to provide a universal mobile telecommunications system network to European...
- Nortel Eliminates Dividend, Suspends DRIP. // DRIP Investor;Sep2001, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports the elimination of dividend and suspension of DRIP for participants by Nortel Networks. Economic consideration on the elimination of dividend; Losses incurred by Nortel; Anticipation of period for recovery of Nortel's stocks.
- NORTEL PUSHES SERVICES PLAY WITH SOFTSWITCH. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/24/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p12
Introduces Nortel Networks Corp.'s services-oriented Succession softswitch. Features of the softswitch; Advantage of a services-oriented approach.
- Nortel Covers All Bets in Metro Optics Markets. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Nortel Networks' strategies to retain its leadership in the metropolitan optical networking market in North America. Development of a tunable laser incorporated into optical DWDM; Factors contributing to Nortel's success in the market; Redefinition of company's performance and economics.
- Nortel to further reduce work force. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p15
Details the restructuring plans of Toronto, Ontario-based Nortel Networks. Plans for plant divestitures; Decision to lay-off 3,500 employees; Transition from vertical integration to virtual integration.
- Nortel declares dividend. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p20
Announces Nortel Networks' declaration of its regular quarterly dividend payable June 30, 1999 to shareholders of record as of June 8.
- `You've got phone!'. QUINTON, BRIAN // Telephony;03/01/99, Vol. 236 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on an Internet call waiting (ICW) product of Nortel Networks. Information on Nortel's first ICW application; Remarks from Gary Schechtman, Nortel's senior manager for ICW business development; Benefits for the service provider.