Colombian Debt: Inflection Point For Inflation
- Current trends. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;7/25/2003, p7
Provides information on comparison of economic indicators for the years 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 in Canada. Decrease in total economic activity by 0.2 percent for April 2003; Information on consumer prices for goods and services for 2003; Reduction in merchandise exports in 2003.
- Fiscal Consolidation in Israel: A Global Fiscal Model Perspective. Elekdag, Selim; Epstein, Natan; Moreno-Bad�a, Marialuz // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p67
Fiscal consolidation has become a central policy prescription for many highly indebted emerging market countries (EMCs). Although prudent fiscal policies tend to reduce vulnerabilities, their implementation is usually postponed. This paper is one of the first attempts in the literature to...
- Worrisome signs from Italy. // Market: Europe;May2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on the economic slowdown in Italy in 2008. According to a report by Associated Press (AP), the European Commission (EC) denotes that the country's poor performance has been due to the shrinking consumer spending, huge public debt and low labor productivity. The Bank of Italy...
- Belgium. // Belgium Country Monitor;Feb2012, p1
The article discusses the economy of Belgium. Information is offered on its performance in 2011 as well as projections for the economic growth for 2012-2013 base on assumptions on the Greek sovereign debt crisis, the Italian problems and the recovery of global economic activity. Details of...
- The Americas: Jamaica. // Handbook of Country Risk 2005-2006;2005, p177
The article analyzes the economic performance of Jamaica. The country has a total population of 2.6 million. Its gross domestic product is valued at U.S.$7,871 million. The state of the country's public sector debt is described. A chart is presented that lists the country's economic indicators....
- Tuesday's Yields. // Bond Buyer;9/3/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32953, p1
Several charts are presented that list the economic condition in the U.S., including the yield to par call, economic indicators, and government securities prices.
- Tighten Up. Jones, Forrest // Latin Trade (English);Mar2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
The article presents information on economic indicators in Latin America. Latin America's sovereign debt has decreased steadily since 2002, after Argentina defaulted on almost $100 billion of its debt. Due to high prices of oil, copper and other commodities from the region, economies are growing...
- Economic notes. // Labor Law Journal;Jun74, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p385
Presents news briefs related to economic indicators of the U.S. Information on the rise in the consumer price index in April 1974; Reasons for decrease in the real earnings for April 1974; Information on the hourly earnings index.
- Prices Still Falling in Many Places. // Mortgage Servicing News;Jul2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p6
The article provides updates concerning the housing market conditions in the U.S. It reports that recent data on home sales and price continue to paint a disturbing picture of the housing sector with prices continuing to decline in much of the countries in U.S. Moreover, it notes that the home...