Ford's New Telematics Expedition
- Wingcast aims to make telematics fly. Smith, Hilary // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the creation of a new company called Wingcast by Qualcomm Inc. and Ford Motor Co. which aims to target the United States telematics market.
- TELEMATICS VIABILITY IN DOUBT AFTER WINGCAST DISMANTLED. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;6/10/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the decision of Ford Motor Co. to cease funding its Wingcast joint venture with Qualcomm as of June 2002. Reasons of Ford for ceasing the funding; Implications of the decision for telematics services; Consequences of the failure of Wingcast.
- Wingcast Implosion Casts Aspersions On Ford. Hansen, Paul // Automotive Industries;Oct2002, Vol. 182 Issue 10, p10
Comments on the behavior of Ford and Qualcomm prior to the closure of the joint venture Wingcast. Total number of employees; Creditors of Wingcast; Impact of the closure on Nissan.
- Lights Dim For Telematics. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;6/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the decision of Ford Motor Co. to cease its investment at Wingcast LLC, a telematics company formed from a joint venture with Qualcomm, which closed down the company. Reason behind the move; Implication of Wingcast's closure to telematics; Information on other automobile...
- Ford venture to connect autos to Web. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;8/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5887, p17
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s joint venture with Qualcomm Inc. to launch Wingcast, a company designed to connect automobiles to the Internet with wireless communications technology as of August 7, 2000. Company background; Company's plan to offer its services to other car companies.
- Wingcast project dissolved. // Fleet Owner;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p74
Reports on the dissolution of Wingcast LLC, a joint venture between Qualcomm Inc. and Ford Motor Co. Wireless communication service offered by Wingcast; Investments of Qualcomm and Ford for Wingcast.
- OnStar wars. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;08/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p44
Reports on the wireless joint venture formed by Ford and telecommunications group Qualcomm, which could become a global supplier of automotive infotainment services dubbed as Wingcast. Technical issues that need to be addressed; Ford's move towards telematics prior to the deal; Services to be...
- Wingcast Service To Begin This Fall With Nissan. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p46
Reports the deployment of telematics service in four Nissan Infiniti vehicles by Wingcast in New York. Announcement of the deployment during the New York Auto Show; Type of services offered by Wingcast; Statement regarding telematics by research analyst Cindy Wolf.
- Qualcomm, Ford Join In Auto Venture. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Reports on a joint venture of Qualcomm Inc. and Ford Motor Co. tentatively called Wingcast, for a multifaceted wireless communication service for vehicles. Goal to bring voice, entertainment, Internet access, navigation and safety services into cars and trucks; Estimated growth of the...