Fiscal Policy Presents A Risk To Eurozone Entry
- IMF Expresses Doubts About Anti-Inflation Plan. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents an economic forecast for Latvia from 2007 and 2008. The International Monetary Fund warns that the export sector could suffer from uncontrolled trade imbalances due to the overheating domestic economy and high inflation rate. The plan of the government to reduce inflation...
- Fiscal Consolidation On Track. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Latvia as of March 2011. It mentions how the fiscal consolidation programme appears on track to deliver a sub-3.0% deficit by 2012. It adds that the recovery has yet to depend on the bailout programme as any suspension in funding may have a negative...
- Country Intelligence: Report Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p1
The article offers an economic outlook of Latvia for 2012. It presents assumptions for the country's domestic economy mentioning the budget deficit ratio and consumer price inflation that will comply with Maastricht rules in 2013 and the implementation of the fiscal strategy in close...
- Country Intelligence: Report: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;Jun2013, p1
A report on the economic condition of Latvia as of June 2013 is presented. It offers an outlook on the country's economic structure, economic growth and exchange rates. It mentions the fall of the country's general government budget deficit to 1.2% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2012. It...
- Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;December 2000, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Latvia as of December 2000.
- Economic Risks Increasing. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
The article discusses an economic outlook for Latvia, for 2009 and 2010. Economic growth forecasts for the country were reduced by 0.4 percent and 1.5 percent in 2008 and 2009 respectively. Growth of the country's economy will be negatively affected by the tightening of global liquidity. It is...
- Wages in Baltic states top pre-crisis times. // Regional Today;4/29/2014, p1
The article cites the "Baltic Business News" report which stated that the average net wages in Estonia is 14 percent higher in the fourth quarter 2013 before the crisis while Latvia and Lithuania's average net wages were two percent higher than in 2008.
- Latvia: Crisis Will Hit Hard And Fast. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p15
An outlook for the Latvian economy for 2008 is presented. The government announced a takeover of the Parex bank after depositors rushed to remove capital. Amid the current crisis, heightened investor risk aversion and the bleak economic outlook, the likelihood of finding a strategic investor is...
- Budgetary Woes In The Baltics. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p13
Discusses the budgetary problems in Lithuania and Latvia. Information on the budget deficit of Lithuania and Latvia; Reason behind the budgetary problems of the two countries; Economic condition of the two countries from 2001 to 2003.