RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Estonia;February 2005, p15
Focuses on the national security and defense policy of Estonia. Move of the country to accept a formal invitation to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO); Membership of the country to NATO in March 2004; Defense budget in 2003.
- Political Conditions. // Estonia Country Review;2011, p12
The article provides information on the political conditions in Estonia, including information on its political developments in the 1990s, 2000 to 2005, its inclusion on the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), and the parliamentary elections in the early March 2007 which was the fifth...
- US-Adriatic Charter of Partnership: Securing the NATO Open Door Policy. Grdešić, Ivan // Politicka Misao: Croatian Political Science Review;2004, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p104
The US-Adriatic Charter, an initiative in the spirit of the 1998 U.S.-Baltic Charter, was proposed jointly by the Presidents of Albania, Croatia, and Macedonia to President Bush at the NATO Prague Summit in November 2002. It was signed by four ministers of foreign affairs in Tirana on 2 May...
- Policy outlined. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p51
Reports on the French government's February 23, 1994 release of an outline of its defense policy for the next 20 years. Use of conventional forces; Future relations with North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- Misfortune threatens. Sturmer, Michael // World Today;Apr99, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p14
Emphasizes the role of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization as centerpiece of international security for European countries. Security of the role of the United States as a European power; Development of a strategy to deal with threats directed against the allied countries' vital interest and...
- A business in demand. Hopkinson, William // World Today;Apr99, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the North Atlantic Treaty Organization 50th Anniversary Summit's development of a strategic concept for the alliance. Alliance as the principal forum for consultation between members on security issues; Mutual territorial defense as the alliance's prime task; Issue on the alliance's...
- NATO Agencies Forge Close Ties Moving Forward On Interoperability, Transformation. // Defense Daily;4/15/2008, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on a letter of agreement signed by North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Standardization Agency Director Vice Admiral Juan Moreno and the Chief of Staff NATO Allied Command Transformation Lieutenant General Jan Arp on March 3, 2008 to foster their working relationship in...
- THE MEMORY OF ESTONIA. Prelovik�, Milo� // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Summer2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the socio-political conditions in Estonia as of July 2006. After declaring independence in 1992, the nation's economy improved. In 2004, the country became a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the European Union. Despite the advances, the country still...
- PLAYING A SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN OUR ASPIRATIONS TOWARDS THE NATO MEMBERSHIP. Ligi, Jürgen // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2005, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p72
Considers the contribution of Estonia to a stable and democratic European community through its membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Similarities among members of NATO; Security threats to a peaceful Europe; Role of NATO in the fight against international terrorism.