RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hungary Country Report;2009, pU-1
The article offers updates concerning the economy and politics in Hungary. Based on polls of voter preferences, the main opposition Fidesz-Hungarian Civic Union (Fidesz-MPS) has a big lead over the governing Hungarian Socialist Party (MSZP). The government is looking to reduced budget deficit to...
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p2
Presents news briefs on the political and economic conditions in Hungary as of April 2006. Efforts of major political parties in the country to win the support of pensioners in the election; Economic growth in 2006; Increase in unemployment rate from November 2005 to January 2006.
- BRIC Economies Lack Adequate Risk Management. Wade, Jared // Risk Management (00355593);Apr2011, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the lack of risk management in Brazil, China, India and Russia as of April 2011. While these countries' gross domestic product is growing, their economies are also subject to volatile economic cycle swings. As explained, they remain susceptible to external shocks due to...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Thus article presents a summary of political risk, economic risk and business environment analysis on Lithuania. The ruling coalition government was transformed from a minority government to a majority government, but only by adding a fifth political party to its ranks. A 6.4% growth in the...
- Background Note: Hungary. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Hungary;November2004, p1
Provides information about the geography of Hungary. Type of government; Total population of the country; Annual growth rate of gross domestic product.
- 5 External position of the economy: 5.3 Fiscal developments. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);
The article discusses on fiscal developments in Hungary as of June 2013. The author states that gross government debt may decline to 79% and below 78% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2013 and 2014. In order to handle fiscal developments that point to more unfavourable budget balance, the...
- Hungary Q1 deficit 3.6% of GDP. // Hungary A.M.;7/ 3/2014, p2
The article provides information on a report from the Central Statistics Office of Hungary which showed a general government deficit of 256.6 billion Hungarian forints or 3.6 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in the first quarter of 2014.
- Gov't expects debt to fall as required by law. // Hungary A.M.;11/7/2014, p4
The article reports that the Hungarian government is expecting a decline in state debts, with a drop in gross domestic product (GDP).
- Hungary. // Military Technology;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p154
The article offers information on Hungary including its government, economy and defense. It states that president is elected by the national assembly prime minister is elected by the assembly on recommendation of the president. According to 2010 estimates, its gross domestic product (GDP) was...